GM victorious in the BMW Pro-am

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
After Imurg me and David Howell waving the flag for GM on Monday with the win at the Srixon/Cleveland day, GM did it again yesterday when we won the BMW Pro-am. Deputy ed Neil played with two GM readers (Kelvin and Barry) and Rory McIlroy. They all played really well and carded a decent score of 13 under!
Look out for a feature in the August issue and some pics on the website
It was good day all round for GM as Jezz went up to Turnberry to play the Ailsa course with Harrington who was looking at the course for the very first time. Again you'll be able to read more about it in the August issue

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Seems like you have a very tough job lads , i really feel for you ;)
You have described what for most of us, would be like a week in paradise!
:eek: :eek:

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
And they PAY you too Mike. You guys in GM must have to pinch yourself every day you open your eyes.

Oh, I am off to a Garden Centre to be force fed hot scones and butter. Where did it all go wrong ???

:D :D :D :D :D :D

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Guys

there's not a day goes by where me and the GM boys don't count out lucky stars that we're doing this job.

Conor, the next issue (coverdate July) which as Justin Rose on the cover - goes on sale on next Thursday - May 28

The issue with the pieces on Rory and Harrington is August - and that goes on sale June 25

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
mike, can you explain the dating of magazines for me? Am genuinely at a loss as to how I can buy August's magazine before july has even started?

it seems a bit like having my dinner before breakfast to me.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
dangermouse
I'd agree 100% that the current system is wierd and I certainly would ahve it that way if I had any say!

It is however a magazine publishing standard that happens right across the board from women's mags to fishing mags.

I think was introduced before I even started in the business (nearly 20 years) ago and I believe it was in a bid to not make the magazine look out of date when it was on the shelf.

The rule of thumb is that your are on the sale the month before the coverdate. I.E. July issue is on sale in June. Sometimes we might go on sale a few days before that due to either something like a bank holiday or as is the case of our August issue which will have masses of Open preview material in it we wanted on sale for a goodly time before the Open otherwise it's pretty useless so we have

The best advice I can give is ignore the coverdate and just go by who is on the cover! Its the way we do it here - we just refer to it as McIlroy issue (current June coverdate) or the Rose issue (what will be our July coverdated issue)!

Hope that's explained it - daft i know but it isnt going to change

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm still avilable for tea making and gofer duties at GM Towers. Actually having had a small insight into what goes into the production of the magazine (and keeping quality at such a high level) over twelve months is no mean feat. The logistics of getting hold of these top players alone is a military operation.

Its great to see the GM flag flying high on all fronts. Well done to the two lucky readers and of course Imurg.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
hey GM do you need an 18 yr old welsh guy to come make tea for you, and be your general dogs body? ( as long as i can come with you on all events :) )

Homer has got the monopoly on tea making already fella.

You could try the "someone to wipe your bum when you've been to the toilet" angle....I dont think anyone has cornered that yet :D

golfnut18

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hey GM do you need an 18 yr old welsh guy to come make tea for you, and be your general dogs body? ( as long as i can come with you on all events :) )

Homer has got the monopoly on tea making already fella.

You could try the "someone to wipe your bum when you've been to the toilet" angle....I dont think anyone has cornered that yet :D

hahahahahaha, damn !!
maybe il get a job in the world of golf another way!

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
He could be the 'honey boy' like they have in Africa. Pay 20p and they smear a local lad in honey and he goes round with you and keeps the flies away :D