Glorious on Islay!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My brother has a house on the island and is a member - I have yet to receive an invitation for a knock…I am not holding my breath…he is married to an Ileach…they are curious folks…🤔

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was recently cycling round islay and jura. There's a rich man's course on jura which had no-one on it when I cycled past - has anyone played it?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was recently cycling round islay and jura. There's a rich man's course on jura which had no-one on it when I cycled past - has anyone played it?
I've walked the Paps of Jura & been re-directed by shooting parties but never have played the rich Aussies place. I would be happy to join him sometime as this part of the UK is quite remarkable in so many ways.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Annual pilgrimage to Islay for their 2 day Open.

Bright but very very breezy for the practice round. Followed by a little jaunt to the fun factory that is the Lagavulin Distillery.
Ruddy hell..... me an Craw really did open up a incredible opportunity..... its really quite an incredible place.... once been never forgotten. Just an awful long way, which in many ways makes it unforgettable. :oops: :oops:

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
Ruddy hell..... me a Craw really did open up an incredible opportunity..... its really quite an incredible place.... once been never forgotten. Just an awful long way, which in many ways makes it unforgettable. :oops: :oops:
Did you start up the open there?…wow

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you start up the open there?…wow
Hahaha..... yes, Crawford & I were the first from the Forum to play the 'new' Machrie when it reopened in 2018. It's as incredible as everyone says, there's no doubt about that.
At that time it was just £100 for a practice & 2 Comp rounds, so in fact hasn't gone up much in price. It was that trip I reported on, back in the day, that prompted Glyn to set up the Mega-Meet..... I see you weren't even on the Forum then so missed an opportunity that I doubt will come round again. However, you can always do what Cam suggests & sort it out yerself. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Annual pilgrimage to Islay for their 2 day Open.

Bright but very very breezy for the practice round. Followed by a little jaunt to the fun factory that is the Lagavulin Distillery.
Looks great, I was at Lagavulin for the warehouse tasting experience last year which was amazing!

I'm hoping to play in the Islay Open next year. Are they pretty flexible with tee time for the practice round on Friday and the round on Sunday as I'd be hoping to take the mid morning ferry on Friday and the afternoon ferry on Sunday?