Gleneagles

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thinking of booking a trip to Gleneagles, now the decision of which course to play.

What would you choose and why? PGA obviously appeals due to the Ryder Cup but reviews aren't so great from what I can see... Thanks!

D

Deleted member 16999

Kings Course because it’s the best of the 3 imo.
The PGA Centenary so you can judge it for yourself.
Queens, you won’t be disappointed.

Fantastic place and set up.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Queens is very short with very sloping greens - shorter hitters will enjoy it the most.
Kings is a lovely balanced course; play the tees appropriate to your capabilities for the most fun.
Stronger players will want to play the PGA.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Kings is the best course but is currently closed for maintenance at the moment and doesn't open to non members till the end of the month so will take several weeks to get back to its best so would avoid it till the end of April. Both the queens and PGA have already had the winter maintenance work done so they are both in good condition at the moment. If you haven't played any of the courses yet then my first choice would be to play the PGA and tick it off. First medal of the season is this Sunday on the PGA looking forward to it

Greggolf7

Visit site
The Kings is a great course, enjoyed the PGA despite playing in hail stone. I would also recommend Auchterader next door its a great little course. Also have a look at Crieff Hydro not too far away for exceptional and reasonably priced accommodation

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m heading there in June time, the Wife bought be a voucher for a round - now just looking for accommodation close by, plenty on Airbnb.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m heading there in June time, the Wife bought be a voucher for a round - now just looking for accommodation close by, plenty on Airbnb.
We are staying at the Duchally Estate about 1 mile from Gleneagles. Looks lovely and worth checking out if you are heading up there with your wife.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Personally I'd play the kings if I was going myself, queens is a cracking course aswell just a touch shorter. Pga course is longer and harder but doesn't have the character of the other 2. Cracking place but I'd wait until end of April or may before going for better conditions, it's not cheap.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
PGA will still be wet. Queens all day long unless the Kings is back in play. I played Queens in November and it was in excellent condition.

Don’t believe all the hype the PGA along with the other courses are very much dry but soft underfoot, played a few holes on the PGA late this afternoon and it was in very good condition given the recent weather.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Don’t believe all the hype the PGA along with the other courses are very much dry but soft underfoot, played a few holes on the PGA late this afternoon and it was in very good condition given the recent weather.

I'm only going with my experience back in November. PGA was absolutely saturated, especially the lower holes and the back 9. The Queens was much drier and much firmer.

D

Deleted member 17920

Not bad at all .I drove past on Sunday and all the courses were full of the white stuff.

It’s a place where I want to organise a forum meet, shame it’s so bloody expensive during the summmer.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not bad at all .I drove past on Sunday and all the courses were full of the white stuff.

It’s a place where I want to organise a forum meet, shame it’s so bloody expensive during the summmer.

you losing your mojo kind sir. Nothing wrong with those spring ish meets in freezing conditions, blowing a gale, sheet icy rain and you moaning about summer prices. What’s wrong with you man🤷‍♂️👍🤣

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

They have an offer on at the moment but not sure what if any time/month restrictions are in place, but in line with the Solheim Cup you can get a fourball for £201.90, definetly worth it even if you have played any of the courses before.

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am playing the PGA course on Sunday as part of the fourball deal, when I booked the fourball in February there was no restrictions in place and had the possibility of booking on 3 courses. Looking forward to it , as I have never played any of the courses.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played the PGA and the Kings a while before the Ryder Cup. I preferred the Kings as it was old and established and I went round with one of their assistant pro's, the PGA was good but I felt the Kings was on a different level

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For all you guys who have played before, any tips about enjoying the whole experience? Anything to look out for in the clubhouse, is there a better of two bars etc? I'm not necessarily looking for golfing tips, it's the other stuff.