Getting your own back.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not very sporting i know but it did feel good considering past experiences....

Played our stableford this morning....Last night i check the timetable to double check my time and to see who else i was out with.....
But what do i see only the fairer sex had booked 2 fourball slots at 9 and 9:10 right in the middle of the mens comp....

Now im not in any way sexist but our ladies have a set time on sundays for there competition its usually around 11 or 11:30 depending on when the last mens four ball are out....
So i though nothing of it as we were off at 8:40 and i knew it wouldnt effect us.
So coming down our 5th the 1st ladies (4 ball) which in actual fact there were only 3 was trotting up our 3rd....
I made a few inquiries before we tee'd off and these 3 were pretty handy mid teen's golfers....

Anyway one of our lads was pretty slow and as much as i tried to get em moving on the 3 ball behind us (3 men) were starting to catch us on 11....So we battled on for a bit until 13 and a wayward tee shot by one of our lads let me call through the lads behind...It bought us a bit of time also to find the said ball..

After getting on the putting surface i looked back and saw the 1st ladies 3 ball waiting for our green to clear to tee off.And just as we finished the lads in front were off up the 14th fairway so everything was moving along fine.

Wayward drives by 2 of our lads on the 14th saw the ladies catch up and they were then waiting on 15 and 16 for the greens and then also again on 17....

I know that it was bad etiquette but there was no way that i was calling through 3 women that should not have been out in the middle of a mens comp...Even though it was nice to give them a taste of their own medicine....

Was i right or wrong?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Technically you were wrong but I know where you are coming from on this. To be fair though the vast majority of our lady members will move aside and let faster groups through (including juniors) although there are a few that don't and do cause huge backlogs. If the comp has booked tee times then I think whoever does the bookings is to blame for letting them put their names down. They should just have been moved to the first time after the mens comp

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes you should have let them through. Next time you are stuck behind any group you cannot complain for not being let through.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Definitely wrong. If they shouldn't have been on the course at that time then you should take that up with whoever is responsible for monitoring the booking sheet. It doesn't give you the right to play course ranger.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem with our booking system is that you can book your own time online....This causes the issue that anyone can but the Ladies have been told numerous times NOT to book between mens competitons....
This is the 3rd or 4th week in a row that this has been happening....

You also need to take into acc that... Ok they maybe ladies but off of mid teens are pretty handy and they are playing a course that over 1000mtrs shorter than the mens tee's....So they will obviously be faster than the normal ladies....

Add that to the other side where the mens members behind them have to wait and are not being called through.....It just seems a vicious circle

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its going to be interesting to see the replies to this post with the amount of times iv seen forumers complaining of not being called through when there are Ladies in front of them!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ladies are the last that cause trouble of this regard at our place.

Really don't get why you think it clever to come on the forum openly admitting to holding up faster golfers and not letting them through - learn some etiquette (ps karma tends to be a bitch, what goes around comes around etc etc)

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know that it was bad etiquette but there was no way that i was calling through 3 women that should not have been out in the middle of a mens comp...Even though it was nice to give them a taste of their own medicine....

Was i right or wrong?

Either you have block booking for mens comp, in which case there would not be ladies playing in your midst.

Or you don't have reserved tee times, in which case, anyone can play in those slots.

You can't have it both ways.

What would you have done if those slots had been used by chaps not playing in the comp?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Its going to be interesting to see the replies to this post with the amount of times iv seen forumers complaining of not being called through when there are Ladies in front of them!

That's fair enough if the ladies are playing slow but you said yourself they were playing quicker than your group.

The rules of etiquette are very clear on what should happen regarding groups calling through, sex doesn't come into it. Take this up with your Secretary/Pro, I'm sure they can do something ie. ban these repeat offenders from booking times or something similar.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ladies are the last that cause trouble of this regard at our place.

Really don't get why you think it clever to come on the forum openly admitting to holding up faster golfers and not letting them through - learn some etiquette (ps karma tends to be a bitch, what goes around comes around etc etc)
If Ladies are the last to cause that type of trouble at your course then you have no idea how frustrating it is to be caught behind them without being called through.

Im not completely singling out ladies as there are enough men at our place as well that do the same.....But i have seen commented on here numerous times of ladies not calling through when they are supposed to.
So in effect your statement (ps karma tends to be a bitch, what goes around comes around etc etc) really does fit the bill doesn't it!

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's fair enough if the ladies are playing slow but you said yourself they were playing quicker than your group.

The rules of etiquette are very clear on what should happen regarding groups calling through, sex doesn't come into it. Take this up with your Secretary/Pro, I'm sure they can do something ie. ban these repeat offenders from booking times or something similar.

Or allow anyone to play when it suits them. They pay a membership a well.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Let them through!

Ask them - after the round - wtf they were doing booking in the middle of the Men's comp - though it seems to be an issue with the booking system rather than with the ladies!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who cares if it was women, toddlers, midgets, men, old farts in carts or wheres Wally's with trolleys.

Poor form sir, hang ones head immediately!

This seems to be the answer I would give.

I understand where you are coming from though, but the issue is with the club not the women playing. Report it to the pro/secretary/manager but from where I am sitting you just looked like someone that isn't very nice on a course (from this one instance!)

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Either you have block booking for mens comp, in which case there would not be ladies playing in your midst.

Or you don't have reserved tee times, in which case, anyone can play in those slots.

You can't have it both ways.

What would you have done if those slots had been used by chaps not playing in the comp?

I agree with you Pal that i cant have it both ways....And you can reserve tee times but our course has holiday homes on site and operate a pay and play system for tourists and visitors and sometimes accommodate them even during some competitions.......

But again there is little being done about them playing during mens comps......Men are NOT allowed book during womens days and comps and we rightfully respect that...So why cant women do the same......Its a simple Solution to a simple question.:rolleyes:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

Well they were waiting on approach's to greens as we were putting out.....
I would have no problem with ladies being out during our competitions if they were to abide by the rules also...But the sad truth is the majority of them just wont or dont......

I think that thats what bugged me the most.

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree with you Pal that i cant have it both ways....And you can reserve tee times but our course has holiday homes on site and operate a pay and play system for tourists and visitors and sometimes accommodate them even during some competitions.......

But again there is little being done about them playing during mens comps......Men are NOT allowed book during womens days and comps and we rightfully respect that...So why cant women do the same......Its a simple Solution to a simple question.:rolleyes:

And you can explicitly prove that no man has ever played during the women's comp? Ever?...come off it, we're all here to play golf. Let's just play and show decency to all. It wouldn't happen in a workplace.