Getting ready for West Hill - Stableford scoring

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everyone?

Chrisd, I do so hope you don't mean that you are not friendly, I am but a shrinking violet and have been put in your team, as the high h/c I haven't slept in weeks worrying about this, playing in esteemed company on a course I don't know, oh eck, I was going to wear pink trousers but think I will wear brown. PLEASE be nice to me on Monday. :whistle::rolleyes:

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you all. I think I understand now!

The one reason I was somewhat concerned is last time I did play (my only ever) stableford game, I started to add up points in the bar and a group of 3 (of which one came 3rd) ridiculed me for doing so. I then thought maybe once the game was over it was frowned upon to add up the points.

Maybe they were just... (insert infraction leading description here).

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

The one reason I was somewhat concerned is last time I did play (my only ever) stableford game, I started to add up points in the bar and a group of 3 (of which one came 3rd) ridiculed me for doing so. I then thought maybe once the game was over it was frowned upon to add up the points.

they were see smiffy's post for a suitable description. :lol:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe they were just... (insert infraction leading description here).[/
QUOTE]

Yes, yes they were.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chrisd, I do so hope you don't mean that you are not friendly, I am but a shrinking violet and have been put in your team, as the high h/c I haven't slept in weeks worrying about this, playing in esteemed company on a course I don't know, oh eck, I was going to wear pink trousers but think I will wear brown. PLEASE be nice to me on Monday. :whistle::rolleyes:

Wear the pink it'll remind me of the colour of Smiffys eyes!

On the professional circuit, I think they would refer to him as a "tosspot"

Mr Tosspot to you. :whoo:!

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

If you dont mind me saying playing of 19 and only played one ever stableford is very rare.... I mean this a very popular format that most will play every week and monthly in the winter. Have you only ever played stroke play to maintain and get that handicap then?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you dont mind me saying playing of 19 and only played one ever stableford is very rare.... I mean this a very popular format that most will play every week and monthly in the winter. Have you only ever played stroke play to maintain and get that handicap then?

I'm not a member of a course, and never really played competitions. My handicap is calculated from an app on my phone which I record the scores on.

I know it's a bit unusual, but I play golf for fun with a group of friends & family... however, we are looking at joining a course next year as we all want to get into comps!