getting better..

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
just popped down the driving range to give it a go and see how the injury is responding.pleasantly suprised started on wedges and got up to a 5 iron with my first hundred balls felt really comfy and really impressed with my tommy armour oversize irons courtesy of dave (realgolfuk). i tired a bit with my second basket but really understand when people talk of your swing 'feeling' right. daren't risk the driver yet but fingers crossed wont be too long before i'm 'out there' again. :)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good to hear it, Stick with it, but be patient. Its well worth the wait when ya get back to full fitness.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Glad to hear that you are on the road to revovery.

I had the best practise ever last night but have tweaked the muscles on the left hand side of my ribcage so a bit tender this morning there and it has radiated into the back.

2/3 days rest required I think.

Looking forward to hearing that you are 100% again!!!

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
that is exactly where my problem has been.....be very careful mwj i rushed it and put myself out of it for three weeks. patience is a virtue.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
glad to hear you're on the mend, but take it easy on the range - so easy to just keep hitting those balls without really making progress. Remember on the course you get a rest between each shot. Hope you'll be out there soon!

AliB

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
i too did the muscle at the left/rear of the rib cage and carried on playing, ended up out for about 3 weeks when should of been 3 days. Wont do that again.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad it's coming on tim!

You and me can celebrate being "individual" with our Tommy Armour 845s! I'm delighted to see them go to a good home.

Bet you haven't tried the 1 iron yet.......can't think why someone ordered it as an add-on?

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
i think my swing and a one iron is a calamity waiting to happen at the moment!! but it will get an airing when i'm fighting fit(faint heart never won fair lady) :)

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good news Tim but please take your time! Keep it to 1 bucket a time and nothing more than your mid-irons and also try to keep your swing tempo smooth and not look to lash it Woods style just yet!

Remember a bucket of 50 is more full blooded shots than you would take in a round, so don't feel that you need to hit 100s of balls to replicate a round.

Really pleased that you can see the light at the end of that tunnel - hopefully just in time for some half-decent weather!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
"the tommy armour 845 appreciation society
(current membership 2 !)"

:) :) :)

Most folks won't even know what we're on about.

845irons.gif

I've got the silver scotts, tim's got the oversize!

the ss are getting on (16 y.o.?) the oversize are newbies in comparison!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Good news Tim but please take your time!

Couldn't agree more mate!

Tim, you're not missing owt mate, the weather's crap, it's cold........it's winter.
Spend this time to fully recuperate otherwise when the golfing season proper starts you will be sitting at home looking out the window because of your recurring injury.

I know how frustrating it must be. I'm fully fit and I'm absolutely fed up of this crap weather. I promised myself I'd spend all winter honing my game at the driving range. To be honest, once I've finished work, had my tea and plonked myself in the chair I just can't be arsed to go out into the cold night!

If you can, give it a little while longer Tim. Failing that, don't hit too many balls down the range. Above all, leave the big hitting clubs at home and concentrate on the short irons, aiming to use short smooth swings if possible.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
What would be really good (if you can bear it!!) would be to practice a few drills slowly.

There is a Leadbetter drill where you put a club between your feet touching the heel of your left foot and toe of your right foot, sticking out, so that when you turn the club to the 8 o'clock position you check the line of the shaft with this club. (difficult to explain, i know)

from there, turn through to 9 o'clock and set the wrists to a good plane. You don't need to finish the swing if you can't get any further. I tried 100 of these the other day in front of the telly......