Getting back into the swing of things...

TLB

Club Champion
Visit site
Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I have recently got back into playing golf after years of playing football and cricket and not having the time for it. I used to play some 14 years ago when I was 12/13 and had a handicap at the time of 30 at Morecambe Golf Club. Since then I have played the odd charity event, or a hungover Sunday with mates, but recently a change of job means that I can't play cricket on a Saturday anymore.

The last couple of months I have joined Bentham Golf Club (£75 Winter Membership until the end of Feb) and shot scores from 12 - 18 over. I have tinkered with my swing slightly as I used to have a very steep backswing and sliced the ball big!

My bad shots are now either a straight pull to the left or a slight fade.

Basically I have all Winter to work on my game before joining a club next year, I've added a couple of videos (please excuse the quality and the Mrs' encouragement!) and read some of the great advice you've all given in the past and though I'd chance my arm!

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/713/d1yuwkhyelateyqcsiwnjq.mp4/

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/33/wsyzhigrlbdfniostwtiwa.mp4/

Any questions then please ask away!

Thanks,

Tom

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi TLB, welcome to the forum.

The videos on my I pad were squashed to the point of making you look like a dwarf, I don't know if it was my ipad or your upload. I don't usually comment on golf swings, preferring to leave that to better qualified guys than me, but what I could see looked pretty good.keep posting, it's a great place!

TLB

Club Champion
Visit site
Ah right! I will double check those, they were taken on an iPhone and weren't exactly great quality to begin with! Will definitely contribute more, have really fell back in love with the game. I used to be dropped off in a morning at the course and picked up at night during the Summer holidays!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can see it ok on my laptop. Like Chris I don't tend to give advice so just on observation your feet look closed and your shoulders look open. or it could be the camera angle. Welcome to the forum. :)

TLB

Club Champion
Visit site
I can see it ok on my laptop. Like Chris I don't tend to give advice so just on observation your feet look closed and your shoulders look open. or it could be the camera angle. Welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks!

She wasn't directly filming from behind, more so like 4 o'clock if that makes any sense. Seemed to pull both of those drives to the left though! :angry: