Gerry Marsden RIP

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
A victim of Covid . I don't mean he died of it, -I don't know.
But, it will prevent him getting the send off he deserves and which his Club would wish to give him
The Kop should be full, singing "YNWA" as his cortage passes.
R.I.P

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sad to hear of his passing (and especially of anyone of that generation, as they were "my" generations bands and I'm not that far behind).

But, ok I know he resonated with Liverpudlians and Liverpool fans, but was he (&/or the Pacemakers) that important, really, in the pantheon of music?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sad to hear of his passing (and especially of anyone of that generation, as they were "my" generations bands and I'm not that far behind).

But, ok I know he resonated with Liverpudlians and Liverpool fans, but was he (&/or the Pacemakers) that important, really, in the pantheon of music?
Yes! At least for a while! There certainly seemed to be 'competition' (marketing?) between The Beatles and GaTP, even though there were significant 'links' betweem the 2 bands, for quite a while. Sad to hear of his passing....RIP GM.

D

Deleted member 1740

Take away YNWA and its affinity to LFC.

The Pacemakers were a very good band and very instrumental, along with The Beatles, into making the mersey beat music scene the success it was and under pin local bands and music for generations.

Listen to their music, it might not be your taste but they were very talented.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A victim of Covid . I don't mean he died of it, -I don't know.
But, it will prevent him getting the send off he deserves and which his Club would wish to give him
The Kop should be full, singing "YNWA" as his cortage passes.
R.I.P
Yes what a pity he won’t get a very loud send off.
RIP.