Genuine grips

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I would say generally, by price. If they are too cheap they are probably copies or knock offs. Saying that I bought some off eBay a couple of years ago, Golf Pride +4 Align. While they were cheap enough to have never seen the inside of a Golf Pride factory I have to say they were very good, the only issue being I couldn't feel the alignment strip, but that might have just been my fat numb fingers.

The other way to tell at the moment is availability. Neither the OEM's nor the aftermarket grip suppliers can get their hands on new grips, which begs the question, if someone is selling some cheap on eBay how did they manage to do what the big players can't, that is purchase new genuine grips.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would say generally, by price. If they are too cheap they are probably copies or knock offs. Saying that I bought some off eBay a couple of years ago, Golf Pride +4 Align. While they were cheap enough to have never seen the inside of a Golf Pride factory I have to say they were very good, the only issue being I couldn't feel the alignment strip, but that might have just been my fat numb fingers.

The other way to tell at the moment is availability. Neither the OEM's nor the aftermarket grip suppliers can get their hands on new grips, which begs the question, if someone is selling some cheap on eBay how did they manage to do what the big players can't, that is purchase new genuine grips.

i was chatting to a guy who has a club repair shop near me and he ordered £4K worth of grips back in June and they aren't expected to arrive until mid/late Jan

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I would suggest buying from a decent retailer like Gamola or Adore Grips both of which I've used without issue
Adore has next to nothing in. They are advising potential buyers to email for stock availability before buying on-line.

I believe I recently bought 7 of the last 10 Z-Grip Patriot grips available in the country for Nordica two weeks ago. Things are bad.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The colours of fakes tend to be a bit dull. Also, if you look at the grip end on at the hole end, the rubber tends to be thinner than the real thing. I bought some dodgy ones on eBay and when I took them to the local pro to be fitted, he compared them to real ones for me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a fake multi compound on a shaft I bought for my TM 3 wood head. Tbh it's far better than any of the real ones imo, been on it almost 3 years and as good as new still. The real mc that I got on my 2 hybrid at the same time is really showing wear.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I used to use Multi compounds I bought off JL Golf they do not sell fakes just other brands with the same type of construction.

4LEX

Visit site
Multi-compound are garbage. The genuine ones wear out very fast on the lower half, you're best off buying fakes and changing them more often.