Genuine Excuses

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't play snooker any more. Too embarrassing when I pot the wrong ball. No problem identifying the red and green. Its the brown ball I cannot tell from the reds.

Yip , this for me too. I remember playing a mate a few years ago. He broke off while I wasn't paying attention, then went to collect our beers from the bar. I potted a red while he was walking back. He set the beers down and gave me 5 points on the scoreboard. When I asked what he was doing he told me that I'd just potted the brown and it was such a nice pot that he thought he'd just missed me potting the red before it.

As for traffic lights, I can tell the red from the green because the green looks silvery to me.

And in this country they have a reflective boundary that gives away their relative position. Had some problems in Texas many years ago. 2 problems there - the hanging lights didn't have a boundary, and at night the red and amber flash - red was you can drive thru but don't have right of way - amber was you can go thru but do have right of way. With no reflective boundary I really struggled in badly light areas to tell the difference so had to treat them all as flashing reds. Surprised quite a few drivers behind me!