Geek Alert...Shaft Information Question

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just seen this thread too. The Black Tie is an awesome shaft, it gave me 10 to 15 yards & less backspin compared to the stock shaft. You've made a good choice.

Good stuff MIB , the more more I look into this shaft, the more exited I'm getting......have you played about with you settings since you got the SLDR?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just spotted this thread when I was researching the shaft I'm getting in my SLDR.......very interesting reading as I was fitted for the Matrix Black Tie 6M3 in stiff......by far gave the best results of all the others, and similar to Imurg I haven't got a particularly fast swing speed ( recorded at around 101-104mph during the test).

The final shaft and head combination (12* set at 11.75*) saw my spin come down from over 3000 to 1965 rpm.....it felt really stable and my dispersion was very good.
Carry was up from 225 to 240 and total distance from 256 to 273.......can't wait for the postman to arrive!!

I was fitted for the Black Tie 6M3 too, in X flex, looking forward to getting my hands on it this week!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Good stuff MIB , the more more I look into this shaft, the more exited I'm getting......have you played about with you settings since you got the SLDR?

Bought the 10.5 & have cranked it all the way up to 12.0. The black tie tames the high launch a bit but reduces the spin dramatically. The ball just hangs in the air, lovely soaring flight. Glad I didn't buy the 9.0, I would have been in trouble.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Looking at. http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2013-Custom-Catalog.pdf is very interesting. I previously had a Miyazaki B Asha 4, allegedly stiff, but I couldn't stop hooking with it. The bend profile, compared with the regular Black Tie is as follows:

Black tie. 3389
Miyazaki. 6732

The first figure refers to the butt end & the last the tip. This shows that the Black tie is very tip stiff but a lot more flexible overall. I think this allows for more consistency for anyone who can't swing a stiff shaft hard enough. Same principle as the Nunchuck shaft & Tom Wishon's latest offering which have very stiff tip & butt sections and are very flexible in the middle.

I love Matrix shafts & now I think I understand why.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you like Matrix shafts and shafts that are solid in the butt and tip but flexible in the middle, the Code 6 from a few years back is worth a look. I kept my old 909D3 with Code 6, great shaft.