Gary Player

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I met him at a Corporate Day about 10 years ago....he acts as if he knows it all, he's been there, done that it etc etc

ok... he has! I really liked him, but I am a bit old school, respect for old duffers etc.... but he gave a bunker clinic, and it was so good it was daft!! He does tend to "lecture folk." But remember, South Africans are very direct!! :)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s the way he talks about the gym all the time and then says distance isn’t important.
Ok Gary, go back to doing sit ups and press-ups. Maybe catch up with Allis as he has no idea what Modern golf is either.

Couldn’t be further from Nicklaus in the way he goes about life.

Swango1980

Visit site
I might agree with your opinion if he had a lifetime best handicap of 24. However, given what he has achieved in his lifetime, I'd say he has a right to be confident and believe in what he is talking about (even if others have their own different ways). Same with Colin Montgomerie really. He often comes across as really smug, but to be fair to him, he's done alright himself and at least we can enjoy his torment when he thinks about never winning a Major.