Garmin S60 watch. Is it good?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Hello
Thinking of splashing out on one of these. Of course, I don't need it but I like the thought of learning and using its features. I'm old eneough to indulge myself, so I'm not looking for cheaper alternatives etc, I just want to know from actual users if it's as good as described and if it is reliable.
Also, has anyone used it with the TruSwing unit?
Thanks

Hackers76

Visit site
Recently upgraded from my old TomTom 1st gen and love it. Hole layouts are great, especially when playing a new course with blind tee shots. Battery lasts a decent amount of time and it works well with the Garmin Connect app which is very good. Shop around a few places are doing it £100 off at the mo.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Had mine a few weeks and love it, easy to use and performs well, Finds its location quickly (unlike the old Garmins). I’m also using it for running etc so getting plenty of use. Also as already pointed out the prices are dropping

D

Deleted member 25575

I use one too, have done for a few months now. Works well, I trust the yardage and is very helpful especially on new courses. Having a map of each hole and pin pointing lay up places, bunkers etc is helpful

OLgolfer

Visit site
Bought one and sent it back. For me the face is just too small to work well with the higher end features like zooming into a hole or the touchscreen stuff.

It also gave me wrong yardages. 30 yards to the middle of the green when i was standing in the middle of the green.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I have now got it and I am pleased so far. I like the swing tempo feature at the range.
A query if I may. What do the icons in the Controls menu stand for?
I get the one at the top, i.e. Power, but after that, clockwise I don't know what the symbols mean. The manual doesn't say.
Thanks in anticipation.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few months on how you finding this? I just splashed out on one.. arrived today

Testing it tomorrow around my par 3 course

Found the GPS in garden to load the local courses just to see what it looks like

Seems decent

Very advance

What's the slope like in action?

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive had mine a couple of weeks, so far I like it, not all the features, like scoring, but I like many of them. I bought mine because my I got for the same price as a S40 and I thought the hole over view would be useful and I do find it useful, not too small however I am bit miffed that the S62 has some features that would be nice but at £479 no thank you

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive had mine a couple of weeks, so far I like it, not all the features, like scoring, but I like many of them. I bought mine because my I got for the same price as a S40 and I thought the hole over view would be useful and I do find it useful, not too small however I am bit miffed that the S62 has some features that would be nice but at £479 no thank you

What features does the 62 have? Have to admit I ruled out for price

The s60 was pricey enough even at £242 which was a bargain really

Have to admit I am tempted to turn the scoring off..

I've got game golf for scoring plus the old score card

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
What features does the 62 have? Have to admit I ruled out for price

The s60 was pricey enough even at £242 which was a bargain really

Have to admit I am tempted to turn the scoring off..

I've got game golf for scoring plus the old score card

The S40 (first picture) has this feature so you can see the distances to hazards, bunkers, water etc which seems simpler, the S60 has the hole overview that you touch to enlarge and move to the hazard to get a distance

1580288043066.png 1580288360812.png

Early days yet with my S60 so I will see how it goes

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
I'm really intrigued with what the S62 has to offer, although I haven't seen it reviewed thoroughly elsewhere - I assume that's to come.

The virtual caddy sounds pretty cool though, with the 'how it plays' yardage factoring temperature, wind and elevation into play - but surely this is illegal in competition play as its similar to the slope settings on the range finders?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Interested in this thread.

I sold my garmin S5 handheld a few years ago to get a watch, but it didnt have the pictures of holes on and using the buttons to scroll to see the bunker distances was a faff, so ended up selling it and going back to my handheld.

The S60 looks good for a full view of the hole, and is it touchscreen so can point on a bunker and it bring it up. Also would want ot for F/M/Back distances but sometimes now I only use the handheld for 3-4 times a round, so considering the S60, as mostly just use the laser. Not bothered about using it for keeping score on, just hole views.

Do you have to charge the battery every 1-2 rounds or does it last months/years?

simonm8

Visit site
Interested in this thread.

I sold my garmin S5 handheld a few years ago to get a watch, but it didnt have the pictures of holes on and using the buttons to scroll to see the bunker distances was a faff, so ended up selling it and going back to my handheld.

The S60 looks good for a full view of the hole, and is it touchscreen so can point on a bunker and it bring it up. Also would want ot for F/M/Back distances but sometimes now I only use the handheld for 3-4 times a round, so considering the S60, as mostly just use the laser. Not bothered about using it for keeping score on, just hole views.

Do you have to charge the battery every 1-2 rounds or does it last months/years?

I normally charge mine before a round of golf.. after I have finished I normally have between 53% - 61% battery. depending I suppose on round time and how much I go into thing not he watch etc... I then normally get a good few days of normal wear before I recharge... If I don't play golf though, and use it as a normal everyday watch I get over a week battery life.. Great bit of kit... I don't use the shot scoring feature as I use game golf for tracking stats...

Cracking bit of kit.. I have had mine maybe 6 months...but it will sadly be vacating forever soon... The missus as won the s62 so will be going over to that and the s60 will be moved on..

Hackers76

Visit site
Love it superb watch especially if you utilise some of the other sports. Only minor niggle is that it is easy to knock the golf mode switch with natural hand movements. Can waste a bit of battery if you don’t notice it is searching for courses

AdamW

Visit site
Love it superb watch especially if you utilise some of the other sports. Only minor niggle is that it is easy to knock the golf mode switch with natural hand movements. Can waste a bit of battery if you don’t notice it is searching for courses

What are the other sports which are included please?

I have just purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 music in the sales but wondering if to return and get the s60