Garmin S3 Approach Watch

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I picked up my new Approach S3 yesterday morning and took it out for a thrash yesterday evening. Having had the S1 which I really got on with I was interested to see how the S3 would compare.

The good news is that it did everything that the S1 did (on a basic level) very well but then for £269.00) you would hope so!! The new features that I found useful were the touchscreen which was very responsive with a gloved hand and the ability to save different locations on each hole e.g. doglegs, hazards etc etc.

It does also allow you to keep score however didn't bother with this and not sure it's something that I will particularly use.

I guess the big negative for most will be the price when you compare it to other GPS devices that are available. For me I managed to get £130.00 for my S1 on eBay so was happy enough to add on the additional to get this. I also don't like carrying round separate GPS devices so having the watch is nice and easy for me.

Not sure this price warrants the upgrade from the S1 for those who already have one and for those that don't really need a touchscreen etc AM are doing a Father's Day deal on the S1 for £140 odd.

tholmes

Visit site
Wow, I didn't even know gadgets like this existed! Is there an app that could do something similar? I'd really like something like this, even if just for bragging rights :D

Cheers,

T