Garmin R10 users

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now that R10 has been out for a while, how many of you have one and use it?
I have been using mine not frequently it’s more when I don’t have enough time to get to the club.
I do occasionally use it to check driver set up etc .. but mainly I play simulator rounds of my course.
I do use it as well to keep my net practice honest.

M1Y4G1

Visit site
First post on the forum.
I have an R10 for my net at home (outside)
I use it a fair amount, but I do find the numbers are a bit off (even after calibration)
I do tend to use the "Awesome Golf" app over the Garmin, though.

Albo

Visit site
I have one and never use it. I’d sell it other than the fact I registered the E6 account with my personal email address and it’s none transferable, so will impact any resale value that might be in the unit.
Too much hassle setting it up at the range and get it all aligned and calibrated correctly, and when done so the numbers aren’t great, also take into account I’m using range balls not what I’d use on a course and sadly I have myself something that I struggle to get a use from

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just did 2 simulator rounds of my club this afternoon.
I don’t have any registrations other than Garmin.
I completely understand about the numbers. I think it cannot get the long clubs due to the elevation of the ball. So I get some strange distances with everything from a 3 or 4 iron and driver and 3wood .. so I play my simulator rounds with a 5 wood and hybrid for better distances.
The chipping also seems to rely on hitting high shots, but that’s all okay.
To be fair it’s not perfect but I enjoy it. I have never bothered taking it to the range, as I can see the ball flight.
I am sure there are lots of better options but they either cost a small fortune or have some constant payments to make them useful.