Game of my life....SMASHED my Personal Best...by 7

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a great run in May winning 2 comps in a row and hitting 2 joint PB's in a row of 15 over (gross 87 )..got down to 19.....started to think I could get down to 18/17....and it started to go wrong..hitting up to 10 shots over my PB resulting in 3 0.1 lifts..back to 20 hcap...slowly but surely been grafting away getting back to low 90's....and hit a 90 (2 under hcap par in last game)

Today although very tired with little kip overnight,it would never stop me playing.....played a friendly game at my track with 2 mates.....shot GROSS 80 (smashed my personal best at my track by 7.....yes 7 shots.)....NETT 60.....8 OVER PAR off 20....48 points....28 putts inc 8 one putts and NO 3 putts.....1 birdie,9 pars,7 bogeys,and 1 double.....I'm absolutely exstatic...it may not have been in a comp,so what...its the game of my life and it just all came togethor in one game,what all of us hope for....I was even dissapointed to hit my 1 double bogey,but I didnt play the hole well battled to get my 6 at stroke 3 index....that was the hole I really STARTED to realize what score I could end up with..yes I know we shouldnt do that but I simply couldnt help it...but I just put added pressure on myself by thinking that way.....so to finish with 3 bogeys was commendable I felt.

This may well be a one off game for me..I may never shoot gross 80 again being a 20 handicapper.....but this has given me HUGE confidence that I can get down to mid teens in time.

Absolutey BUZZING

Cheers all

Kev

sajkox

Club Champion
Visit site
grats :)
I had similar today shooting pb of 91 from 99 previous but I know its gonna be harder and harder.
Truly great achievement to go from 87 to 80. Gl breaking 80 and and lower !

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played fella. Chuffed for ya, that's some going. Kinda what I'm aspiring to at the min, although an 88 would do me!

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done fella, excellent result! I beat my PB by 3 on Sunday to get to 83, hopefully be there with you on 80 soon!

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some mighty fine numbers there especially the eight one putts and not three putting. Great effort

thanks homer yeah my best putting game ever 28 putts................helped by my approach shots getting close/very close to the pin

1st 3 holes all parred FROM THE TREES as well!!!

I am still on a high!!!..very interesting for me to see what I follow that game up with today

Kev

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Follow up game to my PB of 80 monday...........midweek medal yesterday.............shot 91........what 'killed' me was 6 bunker shots from 2 bunkers.....and 2 penalty shots.....so take that away and it would have been another cracker...IF only IF only IF only.....