Game Improvement Irons - What & Why

DCB

Visit site
Had a wee knock today with the JPX and the JPX Pros. It's looking like it'll end up as the JPX Pros that I end up getting fitted for. Nice solid strike, easy on the eye at address and a sensible head size. Need to arrange a fitting to get the shaft sorted out.

Had a look at the MP53s Alex, but, they were too similar to the MP57s I've just passed on so I don't want to go there ;)

A

Alex1975

Had a wee knock today with the JPX and the JPX Pros. It's looking like it'll end up as the JPX Pros that I end up getting fitted for. Nice solid strike, easy on the eye at address and a sensible head size. Need to arrange a fitting to get the shaft sorted out.

Had a look at the MP53s Alex, but, they were too similar to the MP57s I've just passed on so I don't want to go there ;)

Hey, I just dropped in here on the off chance you may have updated the post.

I did have a feeling you may say that about the MP53 but its a trick of the eye. Im not sure they hit the same way as the 57s but who cares as you seem to be happy with the JPX Pro. Let us know what shaft you plumb for. Did they offer you a good traid in for your 57s? The JPX hit a long way hu?

DCB

Visit site
Patricks,
Played the shorter irons well with the 57s but the longer irons were too quick to criticise my poor swings ;)

Alex,
proof of the pudding will be if the hcp starts a downward motion again ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Patricks,
Played the shorter irons well with the 57s but the longer irons were too quick to criticise my poor swings ;)

Exactly the problem I had in the MP53 and 63. Great down to the 4 iron but couldn't get it away in either model. The JPX pro was a better club for my ability and the 4 iron was very easy to hit. That was with the stock regular stell shafts so get C/F shafts and you'll be a happy camper I'm sure

DCB

Visit site
The way I've been driving the ball... too often ;)

57s were good clubs, I just wasn't good enough to get the full benefit of them

Hence the current situation of looking for something a bit more GI. Hopefully J_F will get the MP57s to sing in tune :D