Game improvement driver

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just seen that the TaylorMade burner 2.0 driver is available for £100 from AG.

Now I have to admit driving isn't the greatest part of my game and I need a few lessons to get something going with it but I feel that I need a new driver as the jack nicklaus one I have has a crack in it.

At this price it seems like a good deal but what do you lot think on here? What other game improvement drivers are out there that are worth considering? And will one of these help me improve overnight??

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I picked up a Wilson Staff DXi Superlight for £79 from Online Golf... helped my driving immeasurably once I'd gotten used to the difference in weight between it and my previous 'budget' driver, and I stopped trying to hammer the ball.

two-clubs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I picked up a Wilson Staff DXi Superlight for £79 from Online Golf... helped my driving immeasurably once I'd gotten used to the difference in weight between it and my previous 'budget' driver, and I stopped trying to hammer the ball.

Usually make the biggest difference of all :thup:

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The JPX 800 is a GI driver it's good when you catch it right

I'm struggling with a floppy shaft though but it is good otherwise

G

guest100718

The Burner has quite a long shaft I think, not really a GI feature. Plus you can pick up the R11s for not much more than that and tweak it to your hearts content.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The burner 2.0 range is all good - I picked up the 5 wood at the mad price of £79 - and now there's an EXTRA 10% off at AG so it's only £71!!

The driver is good, my Dad had one and he hit it well but moved onto an adjustable one about 3 / 4 months back.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has the AG got a range?
Best way forward is to go and hit one and try some others.
Might not be a bargain at all if you can't hit it :fore:

Holty

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got a Burner 2.0 that I get on with quite well with, although I'm going to try out a few others to see if anything is more suited to my swing

Definitely echo the sentiments of having a bash with it before you buy - if you do choose to buy it, Online Golf (which I think it run by American Golf) have it at £100 too, with 15% on drivers at the minute making it £85...

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'd go for the RBZ stage 1 driver if I was you, I have it and its one of my most consistent clubs. You should pick one up for well under £100