Game Golf

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a read of the GG users thread ......lots of info on there about how it works and the pros (and a few cons).

For what its worth I think its great, but accept it does need some commitment to get it in your pre shot routine.

You can always download the free phone app and try that for a few rounds as I did. Its not quite the same and a bit more intrusive, needing you to type in club selection rather than tagging clubs, but you will see the outputs and benefits.

its helped me:
(a) gauge club distance (needs several rounds to collect enough data for this to be meaningful)
(b) report accuracy of the tee and for approaches, per club, round, distance etc.
(c) suggest areas for game improvement
(d) compare performance vs others (of varying handicaps)

Overall its worth it I think....the originals are available on e bay quite cheaply now, as the new version has come out and users had the option of a discounted upgrade, leaving lots of originals surplus to requirements.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a read of the GG users thread ......lots of info on there about how it works and the pros (and a few cons).

For what its worth I think its great, but accept it does need some commitment to get it in your pre shot routine.

You can always download the free phone app and try that for a few rounds as I did. Its not quite the same and a bit more intrusive, needing you to type in club selection rather than tagging clubs, but you will see the outputs and benefits.

its helped me:
(a) gauge club distance (needs several rounds to collect enough data for this to be meaningful)
(b) report accuracy of the tee and for approaches, per club, round, distance etc.

Overall its worth it I think....the originals are available on e bay quite cheaply now, as the new version has come out and users had the option of a discounted upgrade, leaving lots of originals surplus to requirements.

What's this about discounted upgrade.? Missed that and not heard anything about it. What is the I.. Sorry for the hijack lol.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

its helped me:

Cheers Pal. 👍

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
To throw into the mix and hijack....

I know you specifically mention game golf however I use Arcoss (don't work for them etc etc blah blah). Very good piece of kit and no need for tagging. Uses iPhone GPS which if you have android (app our later this year) isn't brill. Also... I use a spare iPhone has Apple renowned for not brilliant battery however doing this was is actually a better way. Normally have 60% charge left after a round.

Also check out shotscope which comes out later this year. Uses a watch type system with no tagging. However downside which everyone has commented about is the watch it self doesn't show you yardage to pin. If it did by no means would be the golf tech to have!

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can you use them all with iPhones or are some Android only and some iPhone only?

How much are the 'original' ones going for at the moment and is there much difference between that and the upgraded ones?

Cheers.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Can you use them all with iPhones or are some Android only and some iPhone only?

How much are the 'original' ones going for at the moment and is there much difference between that and the upgraded ones?

Cheers.

The free app is phone based, think you can get Apple and Android, but the original GG does not need a phone, just a PC to download results and show all the stats.

I think the newer version is also linked to a phone as the upgrade includes on course options showing how far you hit it etc. Don't have the upgrade so cant comment, but a few posts here suggest the extras are not that beneficial.

Owners of the original were given a window to upgrade for a discounted fee,which may mean originals are cheaper 2nd hand now.

Only other downside I didn't mention is that the original (not so sure about the new one) does not have any facility to give distances on the course......so you still need a GPS/rangefinder if you want that.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
If you can palate Mark Crossfield, then he's done a couple of lessons in the US with folk dialling into their Game Golf stats and looking at where to improve:
[video=youtube;7XH4uN6AsoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XH4uN6AsoQ[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X-O2DMliaA

Gives a good idea of the sort of things that are possible once you've got some data to work with.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
its great. dont get the issue with tagging before a shot, just tap it whilst yours looking at the shot from behind the ball.

people makes mountains out of mole hills sometimes.