Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

GingerJono

Visit site
Try this link, it now measures putt lengths etc

http://www.gamegolfsupport.com/
According to this:

For putting we've found it to be best to tag you shot upon marking your ball or fixing a divot. You are able to add putts in after each hole is played by clicking the +/- buttons. We don't measure putting distances but will show putting statistics based on the number of putts you hit to get the most accurate info you will want to tag the first shot hit onto the green so the previous shot's distance is correct and then add putts whenever you like whether it is before or after your other shots.

So is this info out of date? I can't find anything on here about how putt lengths are measured.

Can't find anything about extracting data either. I guess it's not possible unfortunately, which is a great shame.

D

Deleted member 16999

According to this:

So is this info out of date? I can't find anything on here about how putt lengths are measured.

Can't find anything about extracting data either. I guess it's not possible unfortunately, which is a great shame.

When you upload now, the putting distance is shown in yards and then 3,2,1 foot, it's more about how accurate you want that data, some carry an extra tag and tag the hole location, some add an extra tag with their putter for hole location, either way you can be happy with the length of your putts showing. GG doesn't give this as they have no way of knowing pin locations and sometimes they default to centre of Green.

GingerJono

Visit site
When you upload now, the putting distance is shown in yards and then 3,2,1 foot, it's more about how accurate you want that data, some carry an extra tag and tag the hole location, some add an extra tag with their putter for hole location, either way you can be happy with the length of your putts showing. GG doesn't give this as they have no way of knowing pin locations and sometimes they default to centre of Green.
Cool - thanks. I guess it's asking too much to distinguish between 7 and 8 foot putts, for example. Will have to stick to the tried and trusted "pacing" technique.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apologies if asked before...when calculating "averages" e.g. for Driver vs 3 wood...what is the cut off at the bottom end for "knobbed it on the ladies tee"?

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
Apologies if asked before...when calculating "averages" e.g. for Driver vs 3 wood...what is the cut off at the bottom end for "knobbed it on the ladies tee"?

I guess it kind of depends on how far past the ladies tee you usually hit it... ;)

I'm not sure though GG has released the info about the actual algorithm that determines wether a shot gets included into the statistics or not.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site

I dont think there is a 'cut off' figure as such. I think it looks at the range of distances tagged for that club and then bases the average around the most frequent cluster of distances. So if you normally drive between 200-220 yards, but have some duffs at 30 yards it will not take these into consideration. I could be wrong though.. The more rounds you tag the more accurate it will be though

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still dislike that you cannot remove some shots from it in terms of avearge distance. I used my 4 iron today to knob it under branches 100 yards but all these shots counted.

Third time using it today. Its literally going to be with me every round now since its a bit drier.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still dislike that you cannot remove some shots from it in terms of avearge distance. I used my 4 iron today to knob it under branches 100 yards but all these shots counted.

Third time using it today. Its literally going to be with me every round now since its a bit drier.

Give it 10 rounds and you won't have the chip out showing on your average yards

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used my GG for the third time yesterday. Now starting to build up some good stats. Annoyingly I have hit a few shockers which won't help my averages.

The only bit I struggle with is the pin positioning, when you have short putts at the hole, it is tricky to drag the pin location as there are too many shots on the green.

Slowly getting my FIR's up

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I used mine for the first time yesterday. We had 3 winter greens so I couldn't use it for the whole round.

I found it really easy to use & didn't forget to tag any shots. I did however have to amend a few tee shots as it had me using a driver off the tee on some par 3's which wasn't the case.

Looking forward to getting more rounds under my belt to get a better picture of my game.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers mate
does GG also track pin positions somehow. Bit of a daft question probably
Not really. You can move the pin around when editing the round so your putting stats are a little more accurate, but most of the approach shots etc are measured to the centre of the green I believe. Ultimately it uses GPS so it's not going to be accurate to within a few feet. It's not one of it's strengths so I rarely pay much attention to my putting stats other than how many.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've given up on mine already :(

Totally down to user incompetence as I continually forget to tag shots. Which meant post round editing took as long as the round itself!!

The positive side of that is I have shot a 54 at my home course :)

Going in the for sale section very soon, but dm me if anyone wants it.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No it doesn't, some people use an additional tag, but I just moved the flag to where it was on the green

Not really. You can move the pin around when editing the round so your putting stats are a little more accurate, but most of the approach shots etc are measured to the centre of the green I believe. Ultimately it uses GPS so it's not going to be accurate to within a few feet. It's not one of it's strengths so I rarely pay much attention to my putting stats other than how many.

Cheers. Using an extra tag could be a good option rather than having to move it post round.
I think I will just stick to how many putts :)

I always thought I was a fairly long hitter until I had GG. Last Saturdays stats were ridiculous
Looking forward to its 4th outing Saturday when hopefully its drier

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers. Using an extra tag could be a good option rather than having to move it post round.
I think I will just stick to how many putts :)

I always thought I was a fairly long hitter until I had GG. Last Saturdays stats were ridiculous
Looking forward to its 4th outing Saturday when hopefully its drier

You still have to move it post round. The "tag" just makes the location of the hole a little more accurate. People will move the pin to the same spot as the final tag and then delete that fake shot/tag, but like I say when you're sometimes talking less than a foot I think it's fairly moot anyway.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re-engaging with my game golf. Just cleared out all of my previous stats, tagged up my clubs and the unit is on charge ahead of tomorrow's round of golf.
Went through a period of not using it, but need to more closely track my stats with a view to improvement.

Are GM challenges still being run?