Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Fish

Banned
Visit site
With no golf being played for at least a month or two or possibly more :eek: I'm selling mine so keep your eyes peeled in the for sale & wanted section if your following this with the view of buying one.

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just signed my first round. Found it really simple to use and only forgot to tag 1 tee shot. we had real strong winds so had my 5 iron hitting anywhere between 160 yards and 220 :)

Cant wait to get more rounds in. Out of interest how many rounds have you been getting out of one charge?

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just used the mobile game golf app today for the first time and it seemed to work a treat. I know it's not quicker then the real thing and you have to have your phone on you in your back pocket and then open your phone to tag a club, but for just going round by yourself and getting the data I think it's ok for the time being. It's obviously more of a faff if you were in competition mode which is where the real thing comes into its own but it'll do for me.

D

Deleted member 16999

I've just used the mobile game golf app today for the first time and it seemed to work a treat. I know it's not quicker then the real thing and you have to have your phone on you in your back pocket and then open your phone to tag a club, but for just going round by yourself and getting the data I think it's ok for the time being. It's obviously more of a faff if you were in competition mode which is where the real thing comes into its own but it'll do for me.

No good for competitions were mobile phones are banned,

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No good for competitions were mobile phones are banned,

Im not too worried about using it in comps, as I do strokes gained stats which is more in depth then game golf. But just for a knock about on my own I can't see the need to go and get the full kit as its short fall comes in the putting stats as in the number of feet per hole and overall that can't be processed, unless you can convince me otherwise?

jpxpro

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i agree have been looking to purchase the full kit for a while but since playing with the app it does exactly what i want it to, the putting isn't really an issue imo as it logs putts it would be nice to see how many 20 footers you hole but if you are like me its once in a blue moon so pretty easy to remember :)

Sybez

Challenge Tour Pro
www.digitalberry.co.uk
I tried the App today.... I use the term loosely as it wouldn't pick up any GPS on my phone so didn't even log one shot.... I assume the lack of GPS signal doesn't effect the full product as much?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen that there is a free phone app released by game golf, but it sounds quite laborious to use.
I played with Mr Mimms this week for the first time since I bought him the full GG for his birthday. I was really impressed at how seamless the use of GG is - I actually only noticed him tagging the club a couple of times.
Somehow I can't see getting your phone out, scrolling to find the right club to tag, checking that GPS has locked in.... is going to be as seamless.
I wonder if GG reckoned on people trying the free app, liking the stats it produces, but hating the palaver, and buying the real deal.

I hope so. There's enough faffing about in golf as it is...

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So with the new app, are we saying it can't be used in competitions? I know we can't use mobile phones as DMD's but when using Gamegolf surely you are just using it as a shot recording device? OR (I've not used it yet) does it tell you distances to greens and the like and inadvertantly acting as a DMD?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So with the new app, are we saying it can't be used in competitions? I know we can't use mobile phones as DMD's but when using Gamegolf surely you are just using it as a shot recording device? OR (I've not used it yet) does it tell you distances to greens and the like and inadvertantly acting as a DMD?

It doesn't matter what you use a banned phone for, if it has certain programmes on it you can't use it in play in a comp for anything! You may not access those programmes but if their on it it can't be used.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It doesn't matter what you use a banned phone for, if it has certain programmes on it you can't use it in play in a comp for anything! You may not access those programmes but if their on it it can't be used.

Ahh makes sense I suppose. So if I see someone checking the rules on their phone to see if someone has broken them during a comp then it's a DQ?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ahh makes sense I suppose. So if I see someone checking the rules on their phone to see if someone has broken them during a comp then it's a DQ?

Bizarrely no. You are allowed to access the R&D app during a comp
You can also use the phone as a phone.
Can open. Worms everywhere

Game golf have got agreement from r and a that GG unit is legal in play.
Doubt that they have the same for the app as yet.
Check website

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Bizarrely no. You are allowed to access the R&D app during a comp
You can also use the phone as a phone.
Can open. Worms everywhere

Game golf have got agreement from r and a that GG unit is legal in play.
Doubt that they have the same for the app as yet.
Check website
I emailed GG asking if the people who had bought the full kit had been ripped off now they had released the App, there answer was the App is not allowed for comps and was to give people an insight into what the full kit will do.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's also a big difference between having to get your phone out and update your round on your phone compared with just tapping your club on the GG device. Doesn't bother me that they've released the app, it's still nowhere near as good as having the device.

D

Deleted member 16999

There's also a big difference between having to get your phone out and update your round on your phone compared with just tapping your club on the GG device. Doesn't bother me that they've released the app, it's still nowhere near as good as having the device.
Me niether, it was more aimed at those not sure whether the full kit was worth buying as the App was free

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've seen that there is a free phone app released by game golf, but it sounds quite laborious to use.
I played with Mr Mimms this week for the first time since I bought him the full GG for his birthday. I was really impressed at how seamless the use of GG is - I actually only noticed him tagging the club a couple of times.
Somehow I can't see getting your phone out, scrolling to find the right club to tag, checking that GPS has locked in.... is going to be as seamless.
I wonder if GG reckoned on people trying the free app, liking the stats it produces, but hating the palaver, and buying the real deal.

I hope so. There's enough faffing about in golf as it is...

i didn't really have much trouble using my phone. Put it in my back pocket, played the shot, pulled the phone out selected the club and started walking. It does become a faff when around the green and your chipping and then 2 putting and got to use it 3times but its ok for recording shot distances over a period of time but like I said I'm not too bothered for comp use. I like the concept but the lack of stats on putting is putting me off. But I do agree with you that it's a great way to sell the full product.