Gailes Golf Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye I just called them there, was going to pop over in the next few days but its members only, aye the building will take a couple of years to restore the guy said on the the phone

Visit site
You're right the way my game is ATM wouldn't pay £100 for any of them, though we do play them in open comps and Golf Scotland events at much reduced rates.
But I was really tempted by Golf Scotland's latest offer, a pairs comp played over 2 days, 1st round at Kings Barons and 2nd round at the Kings course Gleneagles.
A 2 round Stableford comp both scores count, £235 PP, 1st prize £1000. plus other prizes.
BTW , we use to play St Andrews old for £7, the Kings and Glen Devon courses at Glen Eagles only cost £14 , early 80s.

How much!! (shouty voice) When my dad joined your track (Bellshill) it was £5 a year for full membership

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Gailes is in outstanding condition at present, even today in a 3+ club wind and putting off greens when confronted with a downwind putt it was still fantastic.

The changes have really improved the layout/flow/ambience of the course.

Facilities are excellent, from food, showers, practice facilities all excellent.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is Gailes still a male only club?

Yes, Glasgow GC still only admits male members. I wouldn't join a club like this personally.

Here is the info from their website.

"Membership of Glasgow Golf Club is open to gentlemen who have been proposed and seconded by existing Ordinary, Life, Life Non Playing or Veteran Members of the Club. In addition an application requires to be supported by a further six Ordinary, Life, Life Non Playing or Veteran Members."

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.gaileslinks.co.uk/green-fees.html

Is the course worth playing for the money or is there a nicer one in the area for similar money ?

Thanks in advance for any hints or advice.(y)

Great course. Played there a few years ago before a dundonald meet. Made to feel really welcome at a time when I felt a bit inferior at places like that.

As a course it's a test similar to RSD & Ganton - not a dramatic/see views/dunes everywhere links but you feel like you're being pushed hard all the way round to make a score.

Food and post round hospitality very decent too.

I need to get back to ayrshire sharpish!