Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry cannot find my original post

I was mentioning that the chemical used to treat this has been banned

I now know it is iprodione

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lots of stuff has been banned. They have stopped you spraying to kill leather jackets also which hatch and eat the grass roots thus killing the greens from below as the root structure has gone.

It's the scurge of green keepers in both golf and bowls.

The green keeper at Machrihanish Dunes was using a garlic compound to try and combat leather jackets.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lots of stuff has been banned. They have stopped you spraying to kill leather jackets also which hatch and eat the grass roots thus killing the greens from below as the root structure has gone.
And the chafer grub.

The product is available in the US. A pilot friend imported some for me. Expensive though.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry cannot find my original post

I was mentioning that the chemical used to treat this has been banned

I now know it is iprodione

I think u have to approach it differently now and i rhink its a 3 pronged attack been used.

It can take 3 years for the new cycle to start working optimally.

Its something like u creating conditions that arent good for fusarium, but are good for stuff that attacks fusarium.
Its kinda like semi prevention and semi curative.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t worry from April we can use them again - it was an EU directive of course 😉

It’s why courses get badger damage now - the bugs are there for them to eat

But there are alternatives to tackle Fusarim but not the leather jackets at the moment

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

It's the scurge of green keepers in both golf and bowls.

The green keeper at Machrihanish Dunes was using a garlic compound to try and combat leather jackets.

we have brought in the professionals to deal with the leather jackets at Nairn....

About 1000 crows that live in the trees up the back of Alternburn Rd:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are alternative products available

I was having a brief post with another member in a thread abit something else.

In that thread he said his club had already sprayed and he was unaware of the ban.

Our Course manager has said the new alternatives were prohibitively expensive (in the thousand of pounds to treat our 27 holes).

The BIGGA report on the subject along with reports on other banned chemicals such those that kill leatherjackets is talking about the modern stuff appears to be a kill all and kills the good along with the bad.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t worry from April we can use them again - it was an EU directive of course 😉

It’s why courses get badger damage now - the bugs are there for them to eat

But there are alternatives to tackle Fusarim but not the leather jackets at the moment
700715M%20SL%20GC%20wFert%2012Lb%20Beauty_275x400.png
spectracide-lawn-insect-pest-control-hg-63941-4-64_1000.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking around the web Triazicide has been banned in the UK and EU for years as it is carcinogenic. Reading about some of the nasties it does I would not even consider it for my own garden.