full wedge troubles

musselburghgolfclub

Medal Winner
Visit site
i currently carry my gw and my 54 degree vokey spin milled. At the moment i just hit the vokey for inside 40 yards because i cant hit t full without skying it any tips. I know its hard to tell because youve not seen my technique.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some problems are because wedges are easy to "toe up", that is when you line up with the toe up in the air, you could try making sure the head is more flush to the ground and you stand taller but also over the ball still.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
i currently carry my gw and my 54 degree vokey spin milled. At the moment i just hit the vokey for inside 40 yards because i cant hit t full without skying it any tips. I know its hard to tell because youve not seen my technique.

Where is the ball in your stance?

danbaylis

Club Champion
Visit site
I went through the same problem last year, make sure you get your hands in the correct place at address i.e. not too far back and therefore adding loft by opening the face up.

Also make sure you are turning your hips during your swing, it is very easy to get handsy with a wedge which makes you steep. Since focusing on that I personally noticed a massive distance increase now I hit my PW 120 (ish) GW (52) 110, SW (56) 85 yards and Lob (60) about 50 yards.

Hope this helps.
Dan

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I don't hit my wedges with a full swing just use a little bit more than a half swing gives me much more control and interestingly enough it's what G-Mac recommends in this month's magazine