Fuel down to 80p a ltr.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
We are all being ripped off big time not just with the so called credit crunch, but with fuel. Crude oil is now around $45 a barrel and only a few months ago it was $147 a barrel. It didn’t just drop in one day it’s been steadily coming down . Has petrol been coming down steadily. :mad:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got my diesal today at Tesco effectively for 99.9

Pump price 105.9 less 5p a litre as I shop there too and less another penny for using the clubcard.

Beats the 133.9 we had a few months back.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I paid £1.36 for a litre of diesel up in Caithness about 3 months ago. I am wondering if the price plummeting is coincidence or is it softning the blow of the recession we find ourselves in. Could you imagine the feeling of the country if we were still forking out over £1.10 for petrol. Once the economy flattens out i bet it shoots back up to £1 a litre.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hes giving away a l;ittle too much of comfort zones all over the shop! When things pick up there will be tax men on every corner waiting to rip your wallet from your pants, make no mistake.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I read in the paper that its meant to be coming down to 75p a litre before next summer (petrol that is)

But yes brown has said the VAT cut will be recouped using stealth taxes, Fuel being one of them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just showing my age now but I remember my Dad filling up when petrol (4*) was 39p a GALLON!!!

Some of the more senior members may even remember it cheaper than that

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just showing my age now but I remember my Dad filling up when petrol (4*) was 39p a GALLON!!!

I aint that senior and I'm sure there's older on the forum but I first remember buying it for my first wheels (Raleigh Runabout moped) at about 35p a gallon. And I remember a hell of a fuss when it eventually hit 50p gallon.

Historic prices in the attached - don't read if you're prone to high blood pressure

http://www.iam.org.uk/OneStopCMS/Core/Cr...ce9af53aa6f907d

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
yep, filling my first car when I was 17 used to cost me £5, which was still a large chunk from my paypacket, was earning a whopping £33 for a full weeks work and had to pay my parents £10 rent for room and board each week..

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why is diesel still so flipping expensive? You can bet when the idiot in No. 10 finally gets round to increasing the fuel duty he hits diesel hardest.

Mrs Mog drives a 3.2, 321hp monster. She gets 230 miles to a tankful, at a cost of about £40

I drive a 300 turbo diesel, I get 460 miles from a tank, at about £80.

So for the same mileage, we pay the same amount, but she gets to have all the fun.

Next time I change car, Dr Ottos evil muck won't get a look in.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site

You've really depressed me now. :(

I can remember it at 4/9d - 57 old pence - 24p a GALLON in new money. i.e. about 5p a litre. Beer was about 1/9d - 2shillings (9 or 10p) a pint. So going back a few weeks, beer a pint about double the cost of petrol a litre. Nothing changes.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why is diesel still so flipping expensive?

I think you can blame me! A few years ago I decided to buy a diesel as they were cheaper to run. Two weeks later that b****** Brown put up the duty on diesel.

I went to Malaysia in 2006 and 2007 on business. On the second visit fuel had risen amid much protest by nearly 19% . . . . . to 19p/litre.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When I looked out of the window of my flat in New Eltham, I could see the garage opposite advertising '4 gallons for £1.' Those were the days my friend.