Freddie Mercury

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Watched the programme about him last night and it was riveting. I thought he was an excellent performer and singer, but I was gobsmacked when it came to his personal life. Just reading about another post and a few on here saw him and Queen. Another talent that went before his time

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Of all the bands that I did see and those I didn't, the one I regret not seeing the most is Queen

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On stage he was stunning. Absolutely owned the stage and the crowd. When he was interacting and working the crowd he could get you to do anything. When I saw Queen if he has asked us all to cluck like chickens we would have clucked without question. We stood in awe, practically brainwashed. Great entertainer.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On stage he was stunning. Absolutely owned the stage and the crowd. When he was interacting and working the crowd he could get you to do anything. When I saw Queen if he has asked us all to cluck like chickens we would have clucked without question. We stood in awe, practically brainwashed. Great entertainer.

Have to agree. Saw them live three times. Totally owned Live Aid, were brilliant at Wembley Stadium and then saw them at the Works Tour at Wembley Arena. Never saw a showman like him and musically they were so tight. Freddie's voice was better live than on vinyl.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The man was a God. Only saw him twice. BUT the first time was at Elland Road. Brian was interviewed at Milton Keynes and said, words to the effect of, that at that concert it made them realize what a buzz they created. Red hot day and a crazy crazy crowd. When they came on stage the crowd surge was such my feet didn't touch the floor until the second song! I kid you not! I've got goose pimples just thinking about it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It was a great programme and gave a real insight into his later years. Like so many people of his ilk he lived on the edge (Spike Milligan, Tony Hancock, Oliver Reed, etc.). I think it's that walking the tightrope that brings out the best in some.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have seen many big acts but I think Freddie Mercury and Mick Jagger are the two I've seen with the most stage presence :thup:

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Of all the bands that I did see and those I didn't, the one I regret not seeing the most is Queen

Exactly how I feel. Mrs Fylde is a massive fan too. Lost count of the number of times we've had a few drinks, some old videos on YouTube piped through the Bose late into the night and ended up with the Queen Live Aid set.....proper hairs on back of neck stuff.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
For those interested, Sky have just run a Freddie Mercury weekend trailer for the Sky Arts channel.

Of all the bands I could have seen in my lifetime and didn't I'd agree Chris, but there are others I'd put ahead of him/Queen if I was being granted the passage back in time from the other thread.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
How strange, I have my headphones in listening to spotify and currently have queens greatest hits on when I spotted this thread.

I remember watching a vhs with my old man as a kid, Queen live at Wembley. Was hooked from the first watch.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Led Zep
The Stones
The Who (original line up)
Lynyrd Skynyrd (original line up)
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Funny, as I'd rather queen over that list. I never like the Who, pretty ambivalent towards the Stones and not big on the other two - one mans meat ...... and all that

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Funny, as I'd rather queen over that list. I never like the Who, pretty ambivalent towards the Stones and not big on the other two - one mans meat ...... and all that

Forgot to add The Allman Brothers Band with Duane Allman to that list; any better? (I think I know the answer…..:D)

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Sky Arts;

Queen Live at Wembley Stadium Friday 25th 9pm
Classic Albums A Night at the Opera Friday 25th 10.15pm
Queen The Magic Years Friday 25th 11.45pm
Queen Live in Rio Saturday 26th 1am
Queen; Hungarian Rhapsody - Live in Budapest Saturday 26th 6pm
Discovering Queen Saturday 26th 8pm
The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert Saturday 26th 9pm

That should keep you lot out of trouble………… :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Led Zep
The Stones
The Who (original line up)
Lynyrd Skynyrd (original line up)
Stevie Ray Vaughan

I never say Skynyrd or SRV but I would take the other 3 over Queen any day of the week, saw them all and all 3 were fantastic live. Some of Queen's material was 'dubious' at times to say the least.