Foxhunting

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I had a fox nick my ball off the green at Southampton Muni a few years back. True story. Chased the little ********* with a 5 iron but didn't get anywhere near it:angry:

Saw a similar thing happen at The West Course (was The Hotel Course then) at Royal Ashdown Forest (17th). It was actually quite comical to see it happen - it looked at the ball, then us, then nipped out, nicked it and buggered off into the woods!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I had a fox nick my ball off the green at Southampton Muni a few years back. True story. Chased the little ********* with a 5 iron but didn't get anywhere near it:angry:

Saw a similar thing happen at The West Course (was The Hotel Course then) at Royal Ashdown Forest (17th). It was actually quite comical to see it happen - it looked at the ball, then us, then nipped out, nicked it and buggered off into the woods!

I nearly saw a similar thing happen; and then it got so much funnier. Playing with a mate who hits a hosel rocket. Fox emerges from the undergrowth, ambles towards ball and my mate throws the offending club at the fox to scare it off. Fox looks completely unbothered, wanders over to investigate the club, and picks that up instead and starts to make off. My mate sheds his bag and takes off after the fox, screaming and swearing. Ball and club were recovered on the same hole, composure took a little longer :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I nearly saw a similar thing happen; and then it got so much funnier. Playing with a mate who hits a hosel rocket. Fox emerges from the undergrowth, ambles towards ball and my mate throws the offending club at the fox to scare it off. Fox looks completely unbothered, wanders over to investigate the club, and picks that up instead and starts to make off. My mate sheds his bag and takes off after the fox, screaming and swearing. Ball and club were recovered on the same hole, composure took a little longer :D

:rofl: :rofl:

A touch of justice even!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Had to wait for the tee to clear at Cooden whilst this fella ate my Mars bar

IMAG0820.jpg

Then this little fella appeared as he didn't want to miss out so he had my sandwich, very tame and cute.

IMAG0823.jpg

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think even if it was ruled that they were a nussance and controlled. Hunting as done previously isn't right. It's cruel and from what I've seen. Typical toffs having a jolly.

If if they are affecting your livelihood then by all means use pest control. But the chase is cruel imo. Also, if we keep expanding into their environment. Building in more and more green belt areas, how can we complain that there are more urban foxes?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Had to wait for the tee to clear at Cooden whilst this fella ate my Mars bar

View attachment 15328

Then this little fella appeared as he didn't want to miss out so he had my sandwich, very tame and cute.

View attachment 15329
I'm sure you thought it was nice feeding the foxes,but they shouldn't be encouraged to approach humans.
The natural fear of humans is a good thing for the foxes & humans IMO.

C

c1973

I don't have a problem with 'the hunt' to be honest. And unless you're a Budhist and wouldn't (literally) harm a fly no one should, it would be hypocritical in my book.

Hunting and killing foxy woxy is no different to running around the living room trying to blooter a wasp (for example) with a rolled up newspaper, or squeeshing a spider into the carpet with a shoe.

For me it was always about class, a law passed by city types with no understanding of the countryside and its inhabitants. It did get Labour the 'swampy' vote though. :)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't have a problem with 'the hunt' to be honest. And unless you're a Budhist and wouldn't (literally) harm a fly no one should, it would be hypocritical in my book.

Hunting and killing foxy woxy is no different to running around the living room trying to blooter a wasp (for example) with a rolled up newspaper, or squeeshing a spider into the carpet with a shoe.

For me it was always about class, a law passed by city types with no understanding of the countryside and its inhabitants. It did get Labour the 'swampy' vote though. :)

but the "hunt" in those examples last seconds, as boot comes down or paper flattens them. The hit doesn't. And their deaths are also a lot more sudden. Not drawn out.

I get your point about about them all being killed thiugh. Just think they pat fox hunting is done as much for the pleasure of it as for the necessity.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you put together a committee of countryside experts and asked them to write down the best ways to control rural foxes, I think following hounds on horseback would be about 27th on the list.

English only issue, SNP abstaining from the vote.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you put together a committee of countryside experts and asked them to write down the best ways to control rural foxes, I think following hounds on horseback would be about 27th on the list.

English only issue, SNP abstaining from the vote.

The issue of fox hunting has nothing to do with controlling foxes, no more than my golf is a way of controlling the free Titleist Pro V1 population. If the same lot could hunt immigrants on horseback, they would claim it as a way of controlling immigrant numbers.

G

guest100718

I dont see what everyone get so up arms about it. I bet You're all happy enough buying your antibiotic pumped £3 chickens that have never seen the light of day.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Hunt Club use our land a few times a year for the hunt , my Da & his friends in their younger days used to fence the fox holes on behalf of the hunt so the fox couldnt go to ground . they got tickets for punchestown festival for it .

A few things ive noticed and from experience of being there & watching the hunt first hand is

(1) they hardly ever catch a fox ..

(2) Most of the hunt folk are uppety city or posh folk that often need reminding due to a lot of farms changing owners over the years & they no longer want horses all over the place ,without access through our land they cant reach two of the 3 foxcovers in the area, , Quiet a bit of fun putting some of them in their place ..

Also seemingly its been proved Fox's stop giving off scent when they get tired ..

IF farmers are happy to have the horses go through their land , let them on , its just reall a posh jolly up after that

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont see what everyone get so up arms about it. I bet You're all happy enough buying your antibiotic pumped £3 chickens that have never seen the light of day.

Buying a chicken to eat from a butchers is not the same as taking enjoyment from the act of chasing and killing an animal. Very, very different.