Foursomes

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Winning is a good habit :cheers:

It would (of course) have been sound advice :thup:

I have the third round of our winter foursomes on Sunday. In last three years my partner and I have won it once and lost in the semi finals in the other two years. Only competition I go into with expectations of winning. I always think you need to get on with your partner, and it also helps if you hit similar distances so you can help each other with club selection. Steady golf usually wins so keep the ball in play, and be amazed by how many holes you are given by supposedly good players. A reall test of your golf skills, and also your golf brain.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I go into all the pairs events I play with Hawkeye with high hope. Time I've dragged him down to my level by mid-way down the 2nd I'm just praying we aren't coming last. Must be so hard for him, playing his game, carrying his bag on one shoulder and me on the other

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Isn't it about time you had a proper handicap young lady ?
You know the type, the one with only 1 number in it. :)

That's the plan :) Played against my partner in the winter league today and a good win for me again! Best moment was on the 17th when she said "I think you've just outdriven me and I won't be happy if you have as I am NEVER outdriven". Well she has been well and truly outdriven now :whoo:

Had a eureka moment on the 15th tee when I had an angry swish with my driver and realised I'd backed off the power a bit to avoid hooking. Next 3 drives were hit 100% full on and things of beauty.

Onwards !!