Forum opportunity - Paul Lawrie Matchplay Pro-Am Spot

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi one and all,

GM have very generously been given a pro-am team in the Paul Lawrie Matchplay, and we're giving one of you the chance to join a team that will consist of myself, GM Technical Editor Joel and one of the European Tour's finest (exact tour player TBC).

There is a max handicap of 18 for men (who play off the blue tees) and 24 for women (who go off the yellows).

You will need to be able to get yourself to Archerfield Links in North Berwick at your own cost for 6am on Wednesday the 3rd of August, for a day that should run as follows:

6-7am - Registration, food and refreshments and warm-up

7-9am - Two-tee start off the 1st and 10th

The format is… unusual…. Every player hits a tee shot and the best one is selected. From there everybody plays a shot and then finishes the hole with their own ball, with only nett birdies or better counting to the team score.

To be considered for this one, please email golfmonthly@timeinc.com with the following details, using the subject line 'PL Pro-Am entry'

Name
GM Forum username (if applicable)
DOB
Handicap
Home Club
Shirt size
Mobile contact number

This opportunity will close on the 20th, with the winner picked Thursday the 21st of July.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Wow........6am!!!!!
exact timings will be determined by what tee time is allocated but I guess if you don't fancy an an early alarm call and/or a cheap travel tavern the night before to play in a European Tour pro-am then it's not an opportunity for you!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
And GM pull it out of the bag again. What a fantastic opportunity this one is.

Given I've already played with the *cough* Masters Champion *cough* I'll refrain from entering this one in the interest of fairness.

Best of luck to all who enter.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'm on holiday in Wales that week, I wonder if Mrs Crow would spot it if I disappeared one evening and didn't show again until late the following day? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 21258

Wow what an opportunity, not entered as my golf isn't where I wish it to be quite yet and would hate to play plop on such a day, but hope the person who gets the chance has a great day and plays well.

I am truly amazed at some of the opportunities that are posted by GM, amazing and thank you.:cheers:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only cut to 18.6 after yesterday's stableford and no more comps to get down before closing date, good luck to those that enter and who ever wins, a great opportunity.

Trini swinger

Medal Winner
Visit site
"The format is… unusual…. Every player hits a tee shot and the best one is selected. From there everybody plays a shot and then finishes the hole with their own ball, with only nett birdies or better counting to the team score."

Unusual??... correct me if I am wrong, but its a 'texas scramble' with slightly different way of scoring is it not??