Forum Migrations Complete

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hey folks,

We have completed the forum migrations. For this update, you won't notice a lot that has changed visually but we've moved hosting and updated the majority of the underlying systems to the latest and greatest. That being said, some things are still moving around so let us know here if you're experiencing any show stopping issues!
Thanks!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I said no, don't trust those things. I think it allows pop up notifications on your phone homescreen?? That's normally what it means.
I said yes, then have turned it off. On my desktop it was alerting me every time someone replied or liked etc. It did it in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Not needed as I can see those things when I come onto the forum page. I don't want constant notifications when I am not on the forum. At least I understand it now.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I said yes, then have turned it off. On my desktop it was alerting me every time someone replied or liked etc. It did it in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Not needed as I can see those things when I come onto the forum page. I don't want constant notifications when I am not on the forum. At least I understand it now.
Yeah. "Push" notification usually just means 'obnoxious message that pops up in front of whatever you're looking at'.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is no review option anymore before you hit the post reply. Will that come back or is it gone forever? I appreciate that probably not everyone used it, but I found it useful.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any chance you can turn off the "similar threads" section at the bottom? (See attached.) Often not that similar and it's encouraging people to bump very old topics unknowingly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230408_210913_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230408_210913_Samsung Internet.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 2