forum meet, 22/11/2008 (next sat)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Hi all, just to let you know about next saturday.

Had hoped to make it an 8-man meet at my club however in their wisdom they have decided that the member+3 rule is to be strictly adhered to so they will only allow 4 of us in total. They need the money but there you go.

So basically if anyone is up for this let me know and will book us in.

So far there is myself and HTL as definates so waiting for 2 willing and able volunteers!

Obviously this is weather pending, if we look at the forecast for saturday on friday night next week and the forecaster is surrounded by 2 each of gods creations and an ark, we shall have to bale.

Anyhow, let me know guys.

Jon

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah well there loss! Have a good meet. You guys are gonna have to come to us or vice versa soon!

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jon is the club still maintaining the course despite the financial difficulty?

Ps id love to come but i got some financial trouble of my own atm!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Yeah the course is fantastic, the finances arent desperately bad at all tbh, just the club moaning about it and membership has only gone up 5% next year.

Just grates me when people moan yet wont take 4 green-fees who would all buy drink etc

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Thats the problem, the committee is basically a few old farts who run it for themselves and their cronies.

I have previously mentioned my issues over comps etc here and a lot of other members feel the same.

They are just so bloody narrow minded and devoid of business accumen that I want to throttle them.

I said that it could be me plus 7 guests, that is £140 on green fees, plus 16 drinks atleast, plus a snack and powerade in the pro-shop & maybee balls, tees etc, plus probably a lunch each aswell. They dont see this though.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yeah .. its a tuff one.. theres not many places less then 950 a year now unless you join a pay and play, but theyre packed with numpties and you have to book your tea times ! theres nothing like just turning up to play, you cant beat it!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Roger, you are the 4th and final person in, nice one. Basically it is you, me, hywel and chris then.

Had to do this post as there were 7 who fancied it and obviously the club hve decided in their wisdom that is not ok. Should be a good one.