Formby Hall - Membership

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was put off Grange Park (albeit a good few years ago) when visiting there. Was made to feel about as welcome as a fart in a wetsuit so never went back!
I am really sorry to hear that but all clubs have their share of Aholes you may have been just unlucky.

Come have a game with me when you can , if you want to wait until the weathers better that’s ok but it’s good now for January.
If two of the Liverpool lads want to make a four that would be good to meet some of you.

Just let me know.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Come have a game with me when you can , if you want to wait until the weathers better that’s ok but it’s good now for January.
If two of the Liverpool lads want to make a four that would be good to meet some of you.

Just let me know.

Cheers pal. I for one would be up for that. Sure there will be a few others too. Nice one.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't be jumping at WL for that sort of money. Don't get me wrong the course was in great condition when I played it the other week. However i didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I found it was a fair test of golf and not overly punishing if you played to your strengths, I didn't try and take any risks around it.

The biggest let down was the very cold welcome I was given in the pro shop and I found the club house lacked character. This did somewhat dampen my experience.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
you missed the bitter out he won’t even use a red tee.
Thats the lad.

I am really sorry to hear that but all clubs have their share of Aholes you may have been just unlucky.

Just let me know.

I can tell you a WL story with that in mind, and would be up for another knock around Grange, as well.....as long as the reds win that weekend.:D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't be jumping at WL for that sort of money. Don't get me wrong the course was in great condition when I played it the other week. However i didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I found it was a fair test of golf and not overly punishing if you played to your strengths, I didn't try and take any risks around it.

The biggest let down was the very cold welcome I was given in the pro shop and I found the club house lacked character. This did somewhat dampen my experience.

I think everyone else says the same, generally.

Good course, not a great welcome, soulless clubhouse.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can tell you a WL story with that in mind, and would be up for another knock around Grange, as well.....as long as the reds win that weekend.:D
i can play almost anytime except Tues am (Ladies comp)
am off to Dubia on 23rd for the desert classic .
If you sort a few dates we can sort a day.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i can play almost anytime except Tues am (Ladies comp)
am off to Dubia on 23rd for the desert classic .
If you sort a few dates we can sort a day.

Ok, maybe get into Feb or March when the weather gets a bit better for me. If Stegsie want to play in the meantime, no probs.:thup:

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Back to the thread on this I know a few people who are members at FH.

The two things that keeps cropping up as gripes with them are; The course gets very very wet in the winter almost unplayable at times. Secondly as mentioned with visitors being a big attraction to the FH resort and neighboring courses, the round times can be painfully slow and long. I have witnesses this as a guest where its been over 5 hours to play 18. Like all places they have blocks out just for members.

I think its a pretty decent course in the summer and a tough test of golf.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Back to the thread on this I know a few people who are members at FH.

The two things that keeps cropping up as gripes with them are; The course gets very very wet in the winter almost unplayable at times. Secondly as mentioned with visitors being a big attraction to the FH resort and neighboring courses, the round times can be painfully slow and long. I have witnesses this as a guest where its been over 5 hours to play 18. Like all places they have blocks out just for members.

I think its a pretty decent course in the summer and a tough test of golf.

Cheers for this. I appreciate the info

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers for this. I appreciate the info

We played on the 2 rounds 1 night BB deal a couple of years ago and the course was in great condition, despite it absolutely chucking it down on the 1st day. I booked it and they did have block bookings for members, I think up to mid day Sunday but not sure Monday onwards, think we played from 11 onwards on the Monday.

I guess it's like all hotel course's, if you can play before a certain time you'll be fine if not then I'd expect a 5 hour round which is how long it took us to get round. Clubhouse food is very good but at hotel prices.

We all enjoyed it but it was busy.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Really in two minds on what to do. Will have a think about it over the weekend.

Definitely leaving our place, so might even do a Year as a nomad and save some pennies for West Lancs!

Decisions, decisions ...

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Definitely leaving our place, so might even do a Year as a nomad and save some pennies for West Lancs!

Decisions, decisions ...

I really enjoy WL but I honestly don't know if I could handle being beaten up by that course/weather on a weekly basis :eek: especially when its the most expensive 1st year join apart from Royal Birkdale in the area.

Still a really nice course and being a member would be superb if you are coming from a wet inland golf club.

Pity the clubhouse does nothing for me but each to their own.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I could happily sneak out to the back 9 on a quiet summers evening and get lost working on my game.

If you get free range balls and access to the par 3 course then its an ideal spot to improve your game.

D

Deleted member 1740

I really enjoy WL but I honestly don't know if I could handle being beaten up by that course/weather on a weekly basis :eek: especially when its the most expensive 1st year join apart from Royal Birkdale in the area.

Still a really nice course and being a member would be superb if you are coming from a wet inland golf club.

Pity the clubhouse does nothing for me but each to their own.

I'd have to agree with you on this.

I think it's a great test of golf though. I enjoy it the more I play it and I think if you played there every week you'd soon learn to play the tough conditions. as you know Crosby is windy all year round!!

Where do you play?

D

Deleted member 1740

Decisions, decisions ...

Do it Stegsie. I'd resign myself to writing my 1st years subs off and enjoy the course.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd have to agree with you on this.

I think it's a great test of golf though. I enjoy it the more I play it and I think if you played there every week you'd soon learn to play the tough conditions. as you know Crosby is windy all year round!!

Where do you play?

Fortunately I have the pleasure of playing Hillside twice a week.