Forgotten how to drive!!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Driving used to be one of the better parts of my game.
Not overly long but generally quite straight and well struck.

Since improving my iron play (was my nemesis) my driving has gone west!
Played in the comp on Saturday and the vast majority of my drives were wicked slices and pushes. Try as I might, I just couldn't seem to drive the ball well at all.
I did well to prevent the frustration getting the better of me. Consequently I played a terrible comp and felt mentally drained afterwards.

Has anyone got any good tips, videos to view or general advice to help me get back on track with my driving please. :D

DingleBerry

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think u need a Lesson m8 and if not that go out on praccy hole at course and use your driver and slow the swing down and concentrate on a full body turn and release!

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try and hit it as smooth and as soft as you can with a full swing with no conscious acceleration. Imagine you are swinging something like a whip that if you try and hit at any point you'll hear it crack - you don't want to hear that noise from start to finish ;)

My money would be on you either:

a) sliding towards the target to hit the block rather than turning in an effort to try and "hit" the ball or;

b) getting stuck on the back foot with no hip rotation on the downswing causing you to swing with shoulders only, consequently coming out-to-in and hitting the slice.

Check your stance hasn't crept wider than necessary as that promotes sliding to shift your weight on the downswing as the extra width prohibits hip turn.

Not an expert but it's my niggling fault that always creeps back in over time.

HTH

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Swinging to steep to suit your iron play and not flat enough (which would suit woods better).

ive found i now have 3 swings with the same basics,

A flatter swing for driver, 3/5/7w
a steeper swing for 4-9i
my chip swing for 100 yards and in with wedges.