Forgiving Irons

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all I am a 22 handicapper playing once a week. I have been playing for about 3 years. I currently play with a set of Mizuno MX 19s I got of eBay.

As the title says I am looking at upgrading my irons and looking for maximum forgivines. My ball striking is ok up to 7 iron then struggle to gain distance in 6 & 5 irons.

I'm gonna book a fit at silvemere later this month but would like some ideas of clubs beforehand.

I use the cobra F max in my woods which are super easy to launch so might start there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you wanted to stick with Mizuno then look at their JPX ranges. Most people say all the Ping G ranges offer most forgiveness, I find them a bit chunky to look at though. The Callaway Steelhead XRs I use are extremely forgiving, and a couple of years old now so would be around at a good price. Really there are loads of options though, as IainP said above, all the major manufacturers make some kind of game improvement iron.

D

Deleted member 23344

I only hit irons down to 7 and have hybrids from 3-6. I find them easier to hit than longer irons. That might be the answer for you on that aspect.