Forgiving Driver reccommendation

Moff

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm currently on the look out for a new driver but being a little inconsistent off the tee Im looking for the most forgiving.
I've heard great things about the G15 Ping - Has anyone any other drivers the would recommend ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My advice is go to your pro and see what he has and recommends and try before you buy. If you have to go to a high street name try and find one with a range or practice ground attached as there is a world of difference seeing the shots for yourself and seeing them on a (ramped up) monitor

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you prefer consistency of direction to out and out distance, buy a square driver.

Like a Wilson Spine. I'm sure you can pick one up for about 86p.

Or a Nike maybe.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm with Gareth, I've just upgraded my burner 09 to the r11 but after 7 weeks it's no behaving. Got the burner back in the bag now, so easy to hit ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm currently on the look out for a new driver but being a little inconsistent off the tee Im looking for the most forgiving.
I've heard great things about the G15 Ping - Has anyone any other drivers the would recommend ?

G15's are very forgiving and would be my first choice. Strangely i may have one for sale shortly, assuming i get on with the very unforgiving Titleist D3. :D :D :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I believe Rory Mcllroy is testing a new driver for you this week Richart.

Photo1bjjk.jpg

:D

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have recently changed from a G15 to a K15, both stock stiff shaft and 10.5 deg and am hitting the ball a lot straighter! Would recommend!

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Later posts have hinted on a more lofted driver. I switched from a custon fitted R7 (9 degree loft with a pured Graffalloy blue stiff shaft) to an 'off the rack' Ping i15. I chose a stiff shaft with 11 degree loft. The stability of the ball in flight is unbeleievable. I can now keep the ball on the course.

Now, that suits me - not anyone else. Just consider more loft and a shaft flex that suits you.

Good luck

Matt