Forgive my ignorance - what's a winter league?!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an email from my club saying places are filling up. I got my first H/C earlier this year, just moved to this club and haven't really gotten the ropes yet, what's involved or is it different at different clubs?

Cheers chaps

(hides head in shame)

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Different at each club. Ours is a series of pairs events (fourball/foursome/greensomes), some are eclectic, or just a best 3 points scored etc.

basically an attempt to keep people interested in comps over the winter period, usually non-qualifiers.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Different at each club. Ours is a series of pairs events (fourball/foursome/greensomes), some are eclectic, or just a best 3 points scored etc.

basically an attempt to keep people interested in comps over the winter period, usually non-qualifiers.

Thank you kindly! Might just throw my name down for it, cheers

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours is pairs played off the yellow tees. 8 rounds of golf in different formats such as Greensomes,combined stableford,4 club challenge and better ball etc. Top 10 teams score points for each format and the top 16 teams overall go onto the knockout stages. Really looking forward to it and they usually get between 30-40 teams taking part.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Fourball better ball league at my place. Divided into about 8 small leagues. First two in each division go into a knock out. You do need a partner to enter, but fortunately my partner has not had a better offer yet. :D

benjamin

Club Champion
Visit site
Im just in the proces of joining a club for the first time and theyre fast tracking me to get me in winter league with my buddy, at our place its pairs matchplay with the best score of each pairing counting each hole i believe, if that makes sense? :) Im looking forward to this! :D