Forest Of Arden - pro am

dirkdorf

Visit site
I have lived close to this course for years, have watched several pro-tournaments going back to the Murphys, but until yesterday had never played it, so it was with great trepidation regarding the weather that I teed off in a local area pro-am.
The course was in great condition and with 35 mph winds was a fantsatic test, we played off the whites and the course played its full length, and some!, we didn't score well but what a challenge especially the 527 yard third into the wind, a drive and 3 18 degree utilities later the green.
The organisation of this day by the PGA was superb, from an 8.30 breakfast to an excellent prize table,ther are 5 more of these pro ams scheduled, my faith in winter golf restored I can't wait for the next one and can't recomend them highly enough.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I take it you're referring to the Arden course? An absolute belter, and one I was lucky enough to play with Willie Thorne a year or two back - great company on and off the course, making the day really good fun. I scored 35 points off the whites, too!