For those who played Royal Cinque Ports

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Has anyone done Rye? Know it's an hour away but supposed to be really good?

It's a two ball only course and not sure about societies or guests there

Is sadly the correct answer. I've played it loads of times from when I used to have an in, but it's even further away than Littlestone and it we simply wouldn't get on. Until recently it was members & their guests only, although I believe that has been relaxed slightly. If you ever get the opportunity grab it with both hands and enjoy every minute.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Rick played it last year, I used to have a holiday let in Camber and used to drop in on it when I was down a couple of times a year. Very Strict Foursomes format at certain times of the day and the dress code is very strict also. I've walked the course and it's great, they've recently added 2 extra holes. Unfortunately I don't think we'd ever get on it as a meet. Bit too far to link with RCP also.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Rick played it last year, I used to have a holiday let in Camber and used to drop in on it when I was down a couple of times a year. Very Strict Foursomes format at certain times of the day and the dress code is very strict also. I've walked the course and it's great, they've recently added 2 extra holes. Unfortunately I don't think we'd ever get on it as a meet. Bit too far to link with RCP also.

There's no chance as a meet, its hard to get on at any time

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm happy to arrange a mini meet at Canterbury if the dates work, which is 30/40 minutes from RCP. It is a Harry Colt parkland, so pretty much as far removed from RCP as you would wish. If people would rather come down and play links or coastal courses, no dramas.

Let's gate the date sorted for RCP and take it from there.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm happy to arrange a mini meet at Canterbury if the dates work, which is 30/40 minutes from RCP. It is a Harry Colt parkland, so pretty much as far removed from RCP as you would wish. If people would rather come down and play links or coastal courses, no dramas.

I really like Canterbury. A lot more in summer than winter.

Gutted they cut cut all the bushes down in the short par 3. Made it a little bland.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I really like Canterbury. A lot more in summer than winter.

Gutted they cut cut all the bushes down in the short par 3. Made it a little bland.

I really like golf more in the summer than winter :D

Agree about the par 3 (8th). Plans in place for it all to be replanted apparently. We have newish greenkeeper and the improvements are really starting to make a positive impact.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I hope to have confirmation tomorrow

D

Deleted member 1418

Yes I'd be up for returning to RCP at some point in the summer. I will probably combine it with 27 holes at Princes either the day before or day after depending on their deal.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes I'd be up for returning to RCP at some point in the summer. I will probably combine it with 27 holes at Princes either the day before or day after depending on their deal.

I'm happy to play Princes in conjunction as well - never played there

Ditto, much easier than driving between courses and have the option of a deal in the Kings Head or the Lodges.

D

Deleted member 15344

That would be the better deal - certainly wouldn't travel all that way for a parkland course unless it's a Top 100

D

Deleted member 1418

I liked Princes. It's not in the same class as RCP or RSG but it has some nice holes and should be in good condition in the summer. The clubhouse IMO is poor and looks out of place but let's face it we'll only use it for checking in, having a quick sarnie and beer pre and post round before either going back to the Lodge or hotel in Deal.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So is there a range of dates they've given us and are there any time restrictions?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Rye is a great track but is ruined imo by the general feeling of stuffiness and arrogance from the membership.

I found them to be very helpful and accommodating, maybe it's something you said? :mmm:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So is there a range of dates they've given us and are there any time restrictions?

Ive chatted to RCP about the offer, and next years meet (will post on that seperately )

The offer is for any individual, group or forum meet to book, subject to tee availability a round of golf at 50% of the normal green fee at the time. There is no food included in this offer and is only available during 2017 to those who were playing on Monday although I'm sure full green fee payers will be welcome to join those on the deal. The only restrictions are their normal 2 ball and 4 ball days

Any queries just shout

When i have the emails from everyone and send them to RCP they will tick names off the list as and when people book and play