Food Intolerance or allergies

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The easiest/fastest way is to keep a food diary. Eliminate one food group at a time, then leave out for a week, then slowly reintroduce. The whole process may take up to a month, so maybe start in Jan as part of a diet etc rather than this time of year when it's incredibly difficult.

The normal culprits are most likely to be Gluten or Dairy if the effect is bloating, cramps irregular loo habits etc. For me, i would also remove sugary drinks (aka fizzy pop), reduce coffee and remove alcohol. I would google FODMAP and look at this, i always revert to a FODMAP diet when i have a colitis flare.(And i know i am OK with dairy)

Hydration plays a big factor also, simply drinking at least 2litres of water a day can help with digestion.
And this is as good as a post Ave read for a bit. The last sentence massively hits the nail on the head.
My dad had early dementia, he has been told water helps with hydration of brain of all things. He went for a camera down his throat on Sunday and has a “ corkscrew” esophogus. Nowt they will do, also a hiatus hernia. Water will Help with his swallowing and stop him from choking on his food. What has he done, put the jug of water away that measured how much he should have a day, “ coz I can get it fresh from the tap”.
FIL has massively advanced Dementia, BP 82/ 50 odd. Again he needs fluids/ water.
So why is it so overlooked. 🤔
Re the OP your beloved has noticed a “change” in her body. I would keep a food diary, But I would speak to my gp. Having grown in and out of Lactose intolerances, eating the right and wrong things is a Royal PITA

SageWarner

Visit site
It's like our bodies have a mind of their own, right? I'm pretty new here, so bear with me if I'm breaking any forum rules. Anyway, have you ever considered the power of natural foods? Nature has some incredible remedies up its sleeve. I started incorporating more nature foods into my diet, and it's been a game-changer. Probiotics are my new best friends – those little guys work wonders for the gut. Maybe give it a shot? But hey, I'm no expert, just sharing what's worked for me. I totally get the NHS hustle, but sometimes exploring alternative routes can be a lifesaver. Definitely chat with a pro before diving into anything though – better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Welcome to the forum SW.👍 Natural foods are ok, but I was at one time allergic or had an intolerance to Milk. Couple that with Dairy products and well life was rammel. Nuts are brilliant for some folk but others they kill. Unfortunately it’s not one shoe fits all..

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
My brother in law was bitten by a lone star tick while he was stationed over in the states. Made him allergic to red meat for a few years! Thankfully over it now but I can’t go a week without red meat! No way I’d manage a few years.