FLU JABS

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine done yesterday at Boots. Read a leaflet that describes the common, less common, rare and extreme side effects. Cold and flu-like symptoms is a 1-in-10.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Unless your in the 'vulnerable category' why would you. I had one for years care off working in a hospital setting. Not had one in the last several years. No flu either way. If your healthy and not at risk there is no fear from flu

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless your in the 'vulnerable category' why would you. I had one for years care off working in a hospital setting. Not had one in the last several years. No flu either way. If your healthy and not at risk there is no fear from flu

Isn't the thinking behind more people getting vaccinated to stop the spread of it and thus stop an epidemic.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Isn't the thinking behind more people getting vaccinated to stop the spread of it and thus stop an epidemic.

I can see the logic, but I for one will not be talking it. I prefer to strengthen and utilise my own immune system and take ANY drug only when essential

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Get one every year due to heart problems in the past and every year without fail I feel rubbish 4-5 days later, as been said already, it’s not a live vaccine so you can’t get the flu from it but it does effect some people.

5-6 yrs ago I got the flu, was so bad I didn’t get out of bed for 5 days (apart from on all fours to the loo and back) then ended up with a serious chest infection, which ment I had 6 nights in hospital.

So if you’re offered it, I would take it.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get one every year due to heart problems in the past and every year without fail I feel rubbish 4-5 days later, as been said already, it’s not a live vaccine so you can’t get the flu from it but it does effect some people.

5-6 yrs ago I got the flu, was so bad I didn’t get out of bed for 5 days (apart from on all fours to the loo and back) then ended up with a serious chest infection, which ment I had 6 nights in hospital.

Cheers Del, glad It's just not me, I'm still coughing up green stuff 14 days after getting my jab.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Had a similar experience and ended up in our acute medical unit for a couple of days with a similar serious chest infection. Seems funny now but that was the first year I had the jab. I know it was coincidence now and it made me nervous having it the following year but nothing too bad since

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can see the logic, but I for one will not be talking it. I prefer to strengthen and utilise my own immune system and take ANY drug only when essential

Whilst I prefer to avoid drugs unless necessary, an immunisation is not really a drug in the traditional sense. That is to say, a flu jab will give you various artificially made strains of the flu virus without the ability to reproduce and so cause major effects, so your bodies immune system will be able to learn how to deal with these strains of the virus without you actually being sick, and so will be prepared if it encounters the real deal.

The other thing to keep in mind is that even if as healthy adults we can deal with the disease if we get it, if we come into contact with those more vulnerable - young babies, the elderly, people with immune disorders, we can put those at risk too.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Yep. The flu is unlikely to kill me but it can kill the elderly and infants. By being immunised we lessen the chance we’ll carry it around and infect those who are more vulnerable to it.

People who whinge about getting the flu after they’ve had the jab are very annoying. No one claims you can’t get the flu after the jab.