Flight & Height

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ooh that feels nice to have had a productive practice session 

Once I remembered what exactly I was meant to be working on that is 

Pleased with the flight* and height (and a bit of extra distance) I'm now getting, illustrated quite clearly on the TopTracer (image to follow)

Can't wait to have another session tomorrow

* yes the draw is a little excessive but not concerned with that for now

Assuming that a straight hit would be at the 'e' in tracer, that is not a draw, it is a pull. To me it shows the club is coming from very slight outside to in or straight down the line with a very slightly closed club face at impact.

A draw would be starting out right of the 'e' or 'r' and coming back to it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have no idea how high I hoit it but I used to hit a low draw - bit of a swing change earlier this year involving getting a bit of hip turn on the backswing - and hey presto - hitting the ball much higher and straighter. I can now hit my 3i over 190 carry and straight - and that's miles carry for me - and with a flight peak height pretty similar to what I used to get with a 7i!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Assuming that a straight hit would be at the 'e' in tracer, that is not a draw, it is a pull. To me it shows the club is coming from very slight outside to in or straight down the line with a very slightly closed club face at impact.

A draw would be starting out right of the 'e' or 'r' and coming back to it.

Maybe a hint of a pull, ball starting at the 'c' which is the right edge of the 175 circle

Watching the actual flight it definitely had R to L curvature - Toptracer says 11 yards which is about right and a little excessive

However the main objective was gaining height and a little distance so very happy with that plus the strikes felt really nice as did the finish position

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have no idea how high I hoit it but I used to hit a low draw - bit of a swing change earlier this year involving getting a bit of hip turn on the backswing - and hey presto - hitting the ball much higher and straighter. I can now hit my 3i over 190 carry and straight - and that's miles carry for me - and with a flight peak height pretty similar to what I used to get with a 7i!

Nice 👍

I'm hoping the improvements I'm making will allow me to be better at the top end of my bag as well. The old delofting was meaning my 6 irons down were going quite far (relatively) but low and I was struggling to hit 4iron + (just far too low
)
Time will tell but without tempting fate it feels like a good start