Flight and head delivery

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I have strengthened off my grip and my driver face angle is closing nicely.

I was looking at it and thinking it’s at worse a straight draw/hook with containable movement right to left.
I am just wondering if I want to make straight more often whether I change my club path or slightly adjust my teed up ball position?
I am just thinking the simplest solution. I don’t want to change my grip as it gives me so many other benefits.

I also have a slight closed face issue with my 2 degree upright irons but I will see if this disappears when I use 1 degree flat ones ( these are tiny margins so I suspect my delivery is more at fault)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I was looking at it and thinking it’s at worse a straight draw/hook with containable movement right to left.
I am just wondering if I want to make straight more often whether I change my club path or slightly adjust my teed up ball position?
I am just thinking the simplest solution. I don’t want to change my grip as it gives me so many other benefits.
The hardest thing to do is to change your swing path, even slightly.
Adjusting your ball position can create problems with weight transfer.
Have you considered adjusting your aim?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The hardest thing to do is to change your swing path, even slightly.
Adjusting your ball position can create problems with weight transfer.
Have you considered adjusting your aim?
Yup I have been doing that and it’s really helped my consistency and confidence. I think my course suits that right to left and I have more room left of the fairway traps. But I just want to add some options if possible, without undoing anything that works. I can change my path and I can practice it but I was thinking is just moving the ball 1/4 toward centre of my swing going to yield the same results as the club face will be theoretically less shut .. or is that just hopeful cobblers?

Springveldt

Visit site
Yup I have been doing that and it’s really helped my consistency and confidence. I think my course suits that right to left and I have more room left of the fairway traps. But I just want to add some options if possible, without undoing anything that works. I can change my path and I can practice it but I was thinking is just moving the ball 1/4 toward centre of my swing going to yield the same results as the club face will be theoretically less shut .. or is that just hopeful cobblers?
I had a lesson last night and what we worked on was actually changing my ball position. The pro said I had it too far back in my stance (was hitting an 8 iron, ball was middle to maybe behind middle) and it was causing me to come inside on the take away which was increasing my over the top move.

We moved it forward and suddenly without me changing anything the take away was on plane and it reduced my over the top motion by a decent bit according to Trackman. Was quite surprised by the results of just moving the ball forward, it felt like the position I would normally hit my hybrids from not an 8 iron.

So long story short, changing the ball position actually changed my swing path without me trying which surprised me.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm afraid so IMHO