Flags and Rakes

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How was it playing today? I am heading down for half 6.
I really enjoyed it, played a few times. Greens nice and not too quick. Wasn't in any rough so can't comment.
It is a tricky course to hold some of the greens. Silly having the 18th as a par 4 off the yellows, hole is clearly designed as a par 5. Even after my best drive of the day it was a nightmare trying to hit the green in 2.
Only slight criticism is that the tees are a touch scruffy.Screenshot_20210721-170310_Gallery.jpg

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really enjoyed it, played a few times. Greens nice and not too quick. Wasn't in any rough so can't comment.
It is a tricky course to hold some of the greens. Silly having the 18th as a par 4 off the yellows, hole is clearly designed as a par 5. Even after my best drive of the day it was a nightmare trying to hit the green in 2.
Only slight criticism is that the tees are a touch scruffy.View attachment 37652

Good that it sounds like they have slowed the greens down from the weekend, they were ridiculous (especially the 1st and 4th).

Tees are a subject of some discussion just now, they are supposed to be being relayed in the winter when we move to the temp tees, but we'll see. IMO we need to go back to spreading the wear out and letting people play off the whites if they want to. Unpopular opinion though.

18th is a long old poke but I like it being a par 4 as it balances the easiness of the 2nd for me. Off the whites its very much birdiable.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not heard of this approach before. Sounds like a rake condom.
Yeah, we're one of the few. I have not seen it anywhere else. We've all been carrying these fellers during the Covid measures.
Here you go. They’re pretty crap as they aren’t long enough actually. You end up having to touch the rake lower further down the handle to balance it when carrying and raking.
sleeve.jpg

benjo09

Visit site
We've had rakes in since mid May (all members got a clip on rake in earlier in the year so you don't have to use the normal rakes if you would rather not) so no preferred lies but every bunker I go in seems to have a multitude of footprints in it which is frustrating.

Flags are out now but we are keeping the foam in the hole so its not as deep but its being reduced compared to what it was before. Don't understand that one myself but it doesn't really effect things IMO.