Flags and Rakes

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
From today, we will be able to remove the flag and rake bunkers, although still be able to lift and place in the bunker for those who don't feel comfortable touching rakes. I wonder how many will be doing this.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
flags and rakes back, no preferred lies in bunkers any more. Not sure how you can still give preferred lies when you have the rakes out.

Don’t want to touch the rake, fine….but make good the bunker as best you can. If you leave massive footprints and divots etc…you’re a terrible person!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
flags and rakes back, no preferred lies in bunkers any more. Not sure how you can still give preferred lies when you have the rakes out.

Don’t want to touch the rake, fine….but make good the bunker as best you can. If you leave massive footprints and divots etc…you’re a terrible person!

There can still be the option of a preferred lie as their are terrible people out there.

My plan is to play the ball as it lies unless it is in the likes of a footprint. I would rake the bunker after being in there.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There can still be the option of a preferred lie as their are terrible people out there.

My plan is to play the ball as it lies unless it is in the likes of a footprint. I would rake the bunker after being in there.

It’s also a hazard….so….why should you be guaranteed a perfect lie?

D

Deleted member 3432

Flags staying in and no rakes at ours.

Can't say I'm particularly bothered, got used to it now and most members are incapable of using the rake properly anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are back to pre covid rules now in every way.

The rakes issue is an interesting one. 18 months or so of no rakes and I haven't had a problem with it. I'd have been happy to carry on without them, no need for that constant question, 'where do you put the rake?' ?

NearHull

Visit site
Flags staying in and no rakes at ours.

Can't say I'm particularly bothered, got used to it now and most members are incapable of using the rake properly anyway.
Doesn’t that make it a non qualifying course for handicaps? I’m assuming that the LR for placing in bunkers remains.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following EGs guidelines we have gone back to the normal Rules of Golf in all aspects.

I assume that those that will allow lift and place in bunkers are only doing so for social play, i.e. not in comps or when submitting a General Play card.

My one dislike of the return to normal is we will now be exchanging cards although EG said we could continue with our covid procedures for scores if we wanted to.

I shall continue to use my own rake, bought from the club when we first starting playing last year.

D

Deleted member 3432

Doesn’t that make it a non qualifying course for handicaps? I’m assuming that the LR for placing in bunkers remains.

No idea what it means for comps or handicapping at this stage, but rapidly losing interest in this side of the game anyway.

I'm sure further information will be be forthcoming but latest update a couple of days ago was that on course restrictions would remain in place. If the club wants to take a cautious approach then that's OK by me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
All restrictions on course lifted and rakes and flags can removed, but we are keeping the ball lifter on the flags for those who wish to continue.

D

Deleted member 21258

Rakes/flags in/can be taken out at the clubs.

Will be pleased to take the flag out at a couple of the clubs, as they have thick pins and quite often get bounces out.