FJ Weathersoft splitting issue?.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Last year i swapped over to the fj weathersoft (after using the sciflex) and throughout the year used around 4/5 gloves. i was getting around 2-2.5 months from a glove and this was including range work and lessons, not just weekly games, so i reckon maybe 15/20 sessions per glove. then they would be retired but mainly because the fit would go a bit lose.

Early December our proshop had them on a deal so grabbed another 2, and after 2 rounds and one range session (warm up only pre round) the stitching split between the thump and index finger, i showed the guys in the pro shop and they exchanged it for another glove, but the replacement now after 3 rounds and no range work has done exactly the same., split in the same place around 40mm long.

Ive checked the sizing and all my fj gloves are standard medium, and none of them have ever split in this place, let alone both in the identical place and both within 2 or 3 rounds. Has anyone else noticed any probs in this area, ive tried another one on in a med/large, but its too lose so doubt its down to being to tight... which is doesnt feel.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've never had an issue with the Weathersof.

I've always found them durable and seem to last well.

Out of intrest, are they from the same batch as the previos one that split (Dodgey manufacturing run)??

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I only use white gloves on the course, but recently I've using a black glove at the range and to be honest have found it a little tight.

I wouldn't imagine that they would have different sizing for different colours of glove so I would lean more towards a dodgey maunfacturing run and you pro, just happend, to get some of this batch.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
its interesting that you found the black tighter, as this would inditcate as to why the stitching has split, but it doesnt feel any tighter than the others.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a couple of Weathersofts rip on the cuff putting them on for the first time. I've jumped back over to srixon gloves, they are a bit more robust and slightly thicker.

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Same here.
Bought three and one of them split exactly as you described, other two are ok for now but have only had light use so far.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You can get three Srixon all weather gloves in white for about £17 on ebay as well OS. I tried one when we played in the monsoon at Blackmoor just before Xmas, and they are excellent.

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
You can get three Srixon all weather gloves in white for about £17 on ebay as well OS. I tried one when we played in the monsoon at Blackmoor just before Xmas, and they are excellent.

Our local Pro shop was doing 2 Srixon all weather gloves for £10 - been using these since.

Great gloves, will have to get some more!!