FJ Pro SL grip

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve been tempted by these a number of times but every time I dismiss them as being spikeless and the design of the tread doesn’t appear that they would grip very well.

I moved to lunar Vapor with the snow track type of tread and found grip to be way better than my old soft spikes.

Can anyone confirm how well they grip?

TIA

TheDork

Visit site
I have a pair but don't wear them in winter as I'm not a fan of spikeless in winter but they are a great summer shoe though I do know guys who wear them all winter so who knows.

dronfield

Visit site
I have worn the similar previous version, Dryjoys Casual for the whole of the past year on a flat course that drains well, without issue. Good shoes - v light and comfortable.

Have just moved to another club which is a bit hillier/does not drain as well, and so have bought some Dryjoys Tour to wear in the winter - wouldnt trust the spikeless ones in certain conditions.

The one downside to having worn my spikeless all year is that the spikes are now well worn, but the uppers still fine. If i buy spikeless again will just save them for summer.

Rich

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
The grip is adequate on them for pretty much all conditions I'd say, i did find them low on overall support for rolling or lateral movement of the feet (very much like a trainer) and I also wasn't impressed with the durability of the inside of the shoes but grip wise they were good. I wouldn't buy another pair though for reasons stated, your better off with a proper golf 'shoe' imo , just as comfortable but better foot support

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve had two pairs of dryjoy casuals and now the new pro sl. They grip fine thoughout winter. I wouldn’t buy another model.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had my SQL's about 14 months now. They've done about 50 rounds. They're still in good nick. They went through last winter in the UK, until mid Feb, without any concerns.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to use spikes in the winter and I'm another one who is nervous about the level of grip. They are brilliant as a summer shoe though. Mind you white and winter is not a good combo and a struggle to keep clean
Thanks Homer, Its possibly psychological but I went from FJ hydrolite soft spikes to the lunar vapor and instantly noticed grip was way better - my long game seemed to improve a bit too.

Ive read FJ sizing can be a bit hit and miss. There is some great deals online on the older (v1?) pro SL with the newer shape coming out thats proving hard to ignore....