AG Opportunity - My experiance

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right guys here goes for the third time of trying to write up the days events, sorry for the delay.

Posting this in here in case anyone missed bluewolfs write up in the review section so mods feel free to move if required.

Tuesday was the big day for our American golf opportunity in Manchester for the apparel fitting. After getting the email on Thursday evening I was over the moon and as excited as a child before xmas. Bluewolf (Danny) and myself were messaging each other about what we thought the day would entail and what goodies we hoped would be included. I was glad Danny felt the same because to be honest the wife was fed up of hearing about it by Friday night!

So the big day arrived, I took my eldest to school and waited eagerly for my mum to arrive and look after my youngest for me so I could head off up the M1 as quickly as possible and met Danny outside at about 1230 and we entered the alladins cave of golf goodies that awaited us. We had a quick look at the clothing discussing our usual styles and decided to head over to the clubs and leave the apparel for later. We both looked longingly at the Pings, Danny the I20’s and myself the G20’s and the I20’s even though I know they would be too good for me. This was also odd as we both have control of our bladders and can remember what we did ten minutes ago.

After Paul and Tom arrived they gave us the basics and what we would be doing with the photos and interviews etc. God these guys have great jobs! The main idea was layering and building an outfit to deal with the unpredictable British weather. So with it being a drought this was ideal! This was also different to other fittings as with clubs there are data and feel feedback this was all down to our personal choices. So a quick video interview about what we usually wear and what we were looking for etc. for me I was looking at upgrading my wardrobe as being a typical bloke had drifted into the black will do range and had started to look like a middle aged Goth.

So interviews done down to the good bits of picking out the clobber. First up base layers and recommended by mike (our personal shopper) the under armour cold gear. So we grabbed one each and moved on to the shirts. Mike suggested we should stay with the new modern technical fabrics and Danny chose a Nike dri-fit shirt which is what I usually wear but was here to try something new so instead opted for an Addidas Climacool number in blue with blue and white strips. There was a yellow option but it was just plain wrong! The shirt is not something I would normally go for but somehow just drew me in, there were comments from some quarters that if you looked long enough an image would appear, I’ve tried it doesn’t! Next up were the windproofs, Danny again chose well with a long sleeve ping top while I went for a sleeveless Callaway vest/gillet as again something different as I was sure the under armour would keep me quite warm as it was. Finally the last layer waterproofs, can you guess where we gravitated to? That’s right the Ram range of outer wear was fantastic. Now back to reality and there was no contest for me as we looked at the Galvin Green range. Danny flirted briefly with a black Stromberg jacket but saw sense in the end and chose a Atwell full zip jacket. I went for a Ashmore jacket with the lighter pac-lite shell, in black. For me this was the only down side as Henry Ford once said “you can have any colour you like as long as its black” with the wonderful colour ranges on offer from Galvin Green these were the only ones in stock.

So clothes chosen it was off to the fitting rooms to get changed. Now if you want a laugh try to imagine to blokes trying to squeeze themselves into the tightest piece of clothing you’ve ever seen! Now one word of warning these things are tight please do not wear them outside on their own, they show every lump and bump imaginable, and this coming from two blokes who weren’t exactly out of shape but maybe carrying a few extra pounds. They do however do exactly what they say on the tin, once on they are very comfortable and keep you nice and warm.

So with clothes on it was into the simulator to hit some balls and have more photos and videos taken. Bob if you’re reading take a look at the swings and let us know! So after we are warmed up the clothes still feel comfortable with no static etc between the layers and feel like I can take anything on. Some more photos and more sucking in of stomachs later the deal was done and Paul and Tom left to get some lunch and we were on our way with a bag full of swag.

So after trying to brighten up the wardrobe I came out with a black under armour top, blue shirt, black gillet and black jacket, as the school report said must try harder! Old habits die hard although all top notch gear. So thanks again GM for the continued opportunities you give us and thanks AG for supplying the gear and supporting the magazine and forum.

Sorry it’s a bit long winded and probably very similar to Dannys post but it was such a great day I just wanted to share with you all and yes the wife is still fed up of hearing about it!

So tomorrow morning I get to try it all out on the course in the medal and will keep you posted. Right I’m off to bed

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice one glad you enjoyed. Whats that AG like now since its been rebuilt? It was a building site last time I went down there? My home golf club is only half a mile down the road from there. To be honest I thought the place had gone and Sansburys had extended, to take all the area up!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it was practically tropical today do the jacket didn't see the light of day! Nice bit of wind and sun yesterday helped dry the course abit. So wore the base layer and shirt on their own, very comfortable although after 13 holes and the sun shining I had to take the base layer off as I was baking. Overall spot on very comfortable and the base layer didn't rise up or move about. Downside is i got the pro shop to order me a pair of Alf gg trousers to go with the jacket, damn you GM & AG.

Also played like a complete knob so don't buy addidas or under armour they make you play like a muppet!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers Martin. Not sure exactly how to take that. I am working on shifting the excess weight though. I'm not working very hard, but I am working.