First ProAm coming up!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Club pro or real pro ?played in a few regional ones with club pros . Was waste of money tbh and wont be doing it again in a hurry unless i knew d pro

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Done a few and use to get really nervous. These days I go out and enjoy the course, especially an away course, especially as it usually costs a few quid to be there anyway. The majority of pros are decent enough company and some are very, very good players. Enjoy the day

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate,

A few years ago I was lucky enough to get picked by GM to play in the ping pro am. I ended up playing with Tom Lewis. I remember bricking myself just before my first tee shot, after that tee shot I loved every thing about the day. I hit some crap shots and almost took him out with a thinned wedge but it was a cracking day and fantastic experience.

Just go out ,chill and enjoy the day mate.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Adjust remember they are golfers just like you only a bit better, they might be playing for a few quid so let him work when necessary. Enjoy the game.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mate,

A few years ago I was lucky enough to get picked by GM to play in the ping pro am. I ended up playing with Tom Lewis. I remember bricking myself just before my first tee shot, after that tee shot I loved every thing about the day. I hit some crap shots and almost took him out with a thinned wedge but it was a cracking day and fantastic experience.

Just go out ,chill and enjoy the day mate.

I played in that too and was on some good form that day. I played with Matt Nixon and wasn't far shorter off the tee and hit a few lifetime best shots during the round. He complimented every good shot from whoever hit it, and was a joy to play with. Sadly he lost his ET card a year later.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll just try and relax after all it's a free day out at the Grove!

If your over the age of 45 - wear a flat cap, go over to the pro your playing with on the 1st tee, wink at him and in your best Yorkshire accent say " watch me today, sunshine, and you may just learn a thing or two".

Infallible.:thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

Have a good day and relax and enjoy it, and best of luck.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll just try and relax after all it's a free day out at the Grove!

Enjoy it. The Grove is a great venue and the service in particular is great. I know the course is a bit marmite and divides opinion for some on here, but I've always enjoyed it (and never paid to play it yet) and I think you'll have a great day. Relax, hit it, find it and hit it again just like you'd do in a weekend four ball. It really isn't too different

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great fun. Smile when you realise you will end up saying good shot all the time.

A lot depends on the pro but I think they will expect to play with a hacker and anything better is a bonus. Once you realise they don't really care about your golf you can relax and play your game.