First Hole in One on Friday - Share your first, if youve had one?!

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've been lucky enough to have two but the first one was the 4th at Goring & Streatley... 4 Iron 130ish yards up hill... Landed it short it jumped over the ledge and when I got up it was in the hole! :)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congrats......R-f-c hope u get some more!Plese do not do my trick and get 2 in a week.......cost a bloody fortune if my ex had,nt come and hauled me out of the clubhouse then the house would have been gone as well!!!!!!!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've had an unofficial Hole in One.

A par 3 165 yards slightly downhill with the wind normally. Shallow drainage ditch 20 yrds short of the green.

About 7 years ago after I had been made redundant I was out by myself and stroked a 7 iron in on the 3rd bounce. Unofficial?? Well not only was I playing solo, there was not another person on the whole course at the time - not even a greenkeeper (must have been lunchtime).

But I know I've done it and that's all that matters to me!!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done buddy. It must be a great feeling, I hit a pw to a 137 yard par 3 (with the front of the green 130 yards away so the pin only 7 on with anything less than 125 ending in the water) on Friday and it landed dead less than a foot from the hole- I thought I was going to be just past with a downhill putt but as my partner said, as soon as I'd struck it, 'it was all over it like a rash' and I couldn't believe how close I had come- it was a great feeling. I can only imagine how happy you must have been- Congratulations.

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never personally had one but i was playing someone who got one in a medal and it was his first competition at the club as he was a new member. Was a lucky one though it hit a bank and rolled in the reverse of which way the green broke!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done mate.

I have never had one but came close the other day, would a hole in one count on a par 3 105yrd hole?

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done mate! I've been lucky enough to have 4, they all came within about a 2 year year period it's been a few years so I'm about due one ;)

pcowgill

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have had 2 and saw neither. The first was to a raised green. We heard it hit the pin but only saw it after we got onto the green.

The second was after we'd been stuffed in a pairs match and had just shaken hands with the winners. On the next hole I hit a sweet shot to a par 3 and turned to my partner to bemoan the fact that it was too late to start playing well. He saw it drop, I didn't.

WGC

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well Done!!!!
Out of interest was a fourteen year old like you expected to buy round back at the clubhouse?