First golf course played

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Sometime in July 1993 with my Dad, at his course Gillingham Golf Club when it was the long course before they changed layouts for a new road that went in.

Had a half set of Spalding Junior irons 3W, 5, 7,9 irons, had an old Ben Sayers mentor forged Blade SW and a Ping Answer Replica cut down putter.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Whetstone GC in Leicestershire with my Dad and brother some time around 1979/1980.

It was a 9 holer back then and we went round twice, each playing with a hired half set that was carried round in a section of canvas fireman's hose sewn up at one end, think I scored around 150, happy days.

https://www.whetstonegolfclub.co.uk/

D

Deleted member 17920

South Cliff on the south common in Lincoln, a 12 hole course.

For a council owned course the greens were superb, closed in the late 90s I think.

sunshine

Visit site
Solbacka Golfklubb with a few mates, about an hour south of Stockholm. Sometime around 2004.

In the UK?

Trent Park Golf Club in London. May 2016, after a 5 year break.

I drove past Trent Park recently so popped in for the first time in about 3 years. The 1st hole is now 5-a-side football pitches and adventure golf... quite a change!!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
First game ever was 1980 at Colville Park GC with a couple of work mates. I only hit 1 good shot that day, a sand iron over a tall tree and that was me hooked. Sadly not so many good shots lately.:mad:

D

Deleted member 25172

I drove past Trent Park recently so popped in for the first time in about 3 years. The 1st hole is now 5-a-side football pitches and adventure golf... quite a change!!!

Yeah I heard from a few that there’s been quite some changes to it last couple of years. To the better, so guess I picked the game up again just in time. Have left there now though to become a member fairly close by. Do miss the first hole though which is a lovely little par 3.